1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

next year baby

2. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

It makes a kind of fantasy football sense, but this is Ted Thompson. He doesn't give up draft picks.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

He needs to blow up that defense. I'm not sure Capers should stay. The Pack D in 2010 was great during the SB run.

Last 2 years, not so great.

4. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I agree with you that the defense needs to be overhauled and I wouldn't cry if Capers found a new employer. But I don't know that Revis is the answer.

I would look at it slightly differently. When does that fire-zone, Steeler inspired 3-4 defense work? In the past, it's when you have some real Beasts at Linebacker and an outstanding safety. We have 1 beast, not 4, at LB. In Burnett, we have an outstanding safety..

Thompson went with the 3-4, in part, because there are more athletes who can fit the profile - there are a handful of Vince Wilfork types and many more great linebacker types. TT has not succeeded in his lower round picks on those linebacker types.

5. Vickt

Vickt Senior member

Well hopefully Bishop is back 100% next year, and Perry looked decent before going down.

Revis is too expensive and has a history of bitter holdout negotiations. Don't think we want any part of that... Especially with Matthews and Raji expiring next year and Rodgers the year after that. Good thing Hayward is a hit.

I'd like to see another effective rusher on the D line like Jenkins was.

6. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

Completely agree.

Also when people use random things as a predictor. A camel that picks a hand or something predicts the sb winner can't stand articles like that

7. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

Jeff Saturday got to snap to Peyton Manning one more time. That was worth one more Pro Bowl.

Reminds me of when Farve rolled over for Strahan's record sack.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

that was the only part of the game i enjoyed. i turned on the game just a few plays before it happened. feel asleep 2 minutes after that snap.

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I watched zero of the game....didn't even know it was on.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Roger Goodell did an AskMeAnything on Reddit today. Lots of snark, he didn't answer too many questions (or they got downvoted to hell and I never saw them).

One gem (that he didn't respond to):
    "If Jonathan Vilma and a dog were trapped in a car on fire and you could only save one of them, what would you name the dog?"

11. Phantoom

Phantoom Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Ray Lewis accused of taking banned substance while rehabbing (by si.com). This is weird, because this substance is apparently pretty widespread, and former Raiders coach Hue Jackson had to be asked to stop promoting it publicly.

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Picks?
    Ive got the Niners by two scores.

Sent from my Ithrone.

15. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Love it

16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The 49ers sell out to stop the run and dare Flacco to beat them. Flacco responds by tossing a couple of touchdown passes to Smith. On the other side of the ball, the Ravens bottle Kaepernick up and force him into several early mistakes. Kaepernick hits his stride late in the second quarter, but a last-minute comeback falls short. Ravens 27, 49ers 21.

17. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I doubt that they will sell out to stop the run. Ray Rice is a threat but our d-line is strong and our LB's are strong and smart. I do understand that they do have some deep threats but we are well prepared. Game is gonna be so sick, NINERS!!

18. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Bummed, I made a huge pot of jambalaya for an awesome SB party we go to every year and that was gonna be HYPE since the Ravens are in it. Sadly, the kid is puking and I'm feeling the thin end of a fever creeping in. Wife, kid and I are curled up on the sofa with a bucket in case of emergency.

At least I have a big screen.

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Niners are gonna win, i think