1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

SF>GB - I think that the Niners D-line is going to harass the shit out of Rodgers. Is Kapernick starting?

Sea>ATL - Atlanta's been a fluke.

NE>Hou - Brady's going to pick them apart

Den>Bal - Same for Manning.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Let's go Niners!

I remember last years game, SO close! This year 49ers going to seal the deal.

How likely is a 49ers v Seahawks Superbowl? That would be fun to watch.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Given that they both play in the NFC, I'd say its probably pretty slim.

2 people like this.
  4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

As you can tell I don't really follow the NFL

:rotflmao:

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Broncos>Ravens. :slayer:

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The NFC Divisional games are intriguing. I can see any of the four teams representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. A lot of people seem to be sleeping on Atlanta because of Matt Ryan's past playoff failures. Don't sleep on Atlanta.

No such suspense in the AFC. I think both higher seeds win easily, probably by double digits each, setting up another Manning-Brady showdown.

7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  9. thinman

thinman Senior member

^ This.
    I predict Seattle beats Atlanta, though I hate Pete Carroll because of the way he cheated at USC and then fled town just before the sanctions hit. Unfortunately, Atlanta still doesn't have much toughness on the O-line and that was their problem in last year's playoffs. I think Sherman and Browner are big enough and good enough to hold down Jones and White until Seattle's pass rush gets to Ryan. Atlanta's front seven on D isn't big enough or tough enough to stop Beast Mode. I hope I'm wrong about all this and will be rooting for Atlanta.

The other games should all be close, but NE and Denver clearly outclass their opponents (Houston is good, but they're not playing well right now and the playoffs are all about peaking at the right time). SF-GB is the closest call, since Aaron Rodgers could win the game if he's hot.

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Lots of rage in DC about leaving RG3 in the game. It's not like he was being effective and just risking injury either, he was awful after he tweaked his knee in the 1st and they left him in to (eventually) get hurt for real. Cousins couldn't have been any worse, so why not put him in for the second half? Maybe they just gave RG3 some of those industrial strength horse painkillers at halftime and he said he could move and they believed him. Hard to watch.

11. in stitches

yeah, i hear that. but if he hadn't injured the knee, and instead had won the game with some nifty QBing, people would be praising the move up and down.

he wasnt unable to play, he is their prime QB, first washington playoff game in a while i think, they were hot with him, 7 wins in a row, behind in the game.....so he was left in. i think many coaches would make the same move, and try and call plays that protected him as much as possible and hope for the best.

sure, it sucks, but i dont think by definition it was a bad move when it was made. its easy to question that stuff after the fact.

and as to cousins not being any worse, look what webb did for the vikings. he was horrible. and on top of that, when the team lacks confidence in the QB, they lose spirit and its all downhill from there.

im not trying to be unsympathetic to skins fans. i totally get the rage, id be pissed as hell too. i just think the call was not so egregious, and im not surprised it was made.

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I agree that it's a bad move, but who the fuck is this Cousins guy? I have my doubts they would have done much better if they had put him in. Although what I would worry about if I were a Skins fan is whether they did any permanent damage to Griffin's knee.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I fully understand starting him (look at the 1st quarter) and letting him play the second quarter. But they should have pulled him at halftime, maybe after the 3rd at worst. He was simply ineffective out there. He was 4-10 for 16 yards after the injury in the 1st, with an INT. There's no way Cousins could have been worse, and that course wouldn't have put RG3 in more danger. It's not like they gambled on him continuing to play well and keep them in the game, they gambled with his health despite him playing terribly.

14. Phantoom

Phantoom Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the Redskins fans that are pissed at Shannahan today. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that RGIII was not the best option for them to win by halftime (let alone the end of the 3rd quarter) and yet he kept him in, even calling running plays for him where he limped out of bounds. This wasn't a situation of hindsight being 20/20. We were all stunned that they kept not playing Cousins.

The most disgraceful part was the post game press conference where Shannahan made it seem like the choice wasn't in his hands, and that Griffin had "earned" the right to play hurt. What a disingenuous and, dare I say, cowardly answer. I could hear Bill Bellicheck laughing at the idea of not playing the best player all the way from Baltimore.

And to those questioning Cousins (and comparing him to Joe freaking Webb) you clearly haven't been paying attention this year Cousins has been great this year (QB rating over 100 in 48 attempts) and has thrived in situations just like this, leading two game winning drives in relief.

15. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

16. in stitches

i still hear ya man, but considering all the RG3 mania, im still not surprised he was left in the game. maybe a bad move, not sure. sucks all the same, and i really hope he is not seriously injured long term.

17. in stitches

fyp

18. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

19. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Nope, just shaking out the playoff rust. Houston is making a run this year.

You think wrong. It's payback time, I don't see why everyone is picking the winners of the last , like,12 superbowls over a team that has two playoff victories in its last 10 years. wtf is with you h8ers.

20. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I got Seattle beating Atlanta, Green Bay beating San Francisco, Denver beating Bmore and New England beating Houston