The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Aug 11, 2012.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Don't want to let him off the hook, because he has been pretty bad, but that O-line is just godawful.

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

And that showboating cockface Dez Bryant shouldn't be returning kicks. This isn't college, moron. If you can't gain any yards on a punt return, just go down or better yet call for a fair catch. Don't lose yards trying to get cute.

3. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

They are , very lucky that the Bucs Offense is even worse. I just think Romo is the most over rated QB that I can remember. This game should be 14-13 if not for horrible call by officials

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

See I always hear people say that he's overrated, but everyone I talk to thinks he's the worst quarterback in the history of quarterbacks. I personally think he's always been a potentially great QB who was always stuck with a dysfunctional team. And I say that as a lifetime Cowboys fan. The fact is, since the 90s they have never been willing to do what it takes to get a great O-line together, and instead recruited a glut of overhyped pass rushers and receivers.

The defense looks hot this year and Romo and the the weapons on offense are good enough to win, but when the O-line is giving up so many false starts and penetration, then there is nothing they can do.

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

SF getting handled but love Harbough trolling the officals.

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I bet after this challenge goes MN's way the refs will give Harbaugh another 3 timeouts. They seem to have lost the ability to count.

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Did Tampa just give up on this game?

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Getting a free time-out added after winning a challenge he had no right to make?
    Pure genius.

9. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

well you would know better then me as I don't watch them each week. When I see him play I see him do some really bad plays. didn't he go off yo Mexico one year right before the play-offs with some celebrity chick then come back and lose the play-off game. Not sure Brady or Manning would have ever done that. The thing is the Cowboys are your team and if your happy with him then that's cool. I think its great you support the team you love. enjoy the rest of season.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Colts didn't fail to disappoint. Again. :fu:

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Nah, you've got me wrong. I am never happy with my team. No genuine Cowboys fan is ever happy with them. I'm just saying, Romo isn't the best quarterback in the league by a long shot but (a) since he's been the starter they've never really had the option of getting a better one and (b) he's not what keeps the team from winning. A team could definitely win a super bowl with Romo if you could get the rest of the team together. He gets scapegoated because most people don't know anything else about the team. That's part of being a quarterback and that's fine, but it's not really accurate. The team is dysfunctional, and if I had to blame one person it would be an easy choice to make: Jerry Jones, the one person who can't be fired. This team has been the same kind of mess for the last 15 years through several coaching and personnel changes because their celebrity owner/gm/Papa John's pitchman won't hire a competent GM and interferes with coaching and player decisions nonstop. I'm afraid this once great franchise won't be winning any championships until he sells the team (unlikely) or dies.

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

13. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

He did do that. I think it was with Jessica Simpson. All the fans were pissed as shit and Tony tried to say he didn't care what the fans thought. When Troy Aikman heard that he completely ripped Tony for that and told him he had better start caring. Since until he wins a Super Bowl, fans won't give him the benefit of doubt.

14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

LOL Iggles. 14-point turnaround at the end of the first half.

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i have never seen players show such little regard for the referees. wow.