• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the Cowboys game Sunday they missed a really ugly blindside hit on Sean Lee by Golden Tate but on the same play called a late hit on a light push by Bruce Carter when Wilson was inches out of bounds.

Basically cost the Cowboys the game :sarcasm:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
So whats the opinion on the Bucs last play? I know it is the unwritten rule but it has always seemed dumb when the game is within a score.

What was going through Eli's mind I wonder? Could you imagine if he did fumble after that amazing last quarter?

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So whats the opinion on the Bucs last play? I know it is the unwritten rule but it has always seemed dumb when the game is within a score.
What was going through Eli's mind I wonder? Could you imagine if he did fumble after that amazing last quarter?

I think it's incredibly dumb and dangerous. Even if they did recover the fumble there's no way they were going to be able to run it in since there's always RB's back their to stop them on what was essentially the last play of the game. Doing this opens up players to unnecessary injuries and now teams are going to do it back to you. It's easy for a coach to order this because he's not the one putting his body on the line. Imagine if a team did this to the Bucs now and injured Josh Freeman or one of his own defensive players got hurt. He'd look incredibly stupid and in over his head.

Greg is also full of **** saying he teaches to play until the final whistle. If he was really trying to play until the final whistle, he wouldn't have done kneel downs to end the 1st half and he would've used his timeout at the end of the game. He basically did this to be an asshole.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RIP Steve Sabol.

Had no idea he was sick

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
I get you and don't disagree. I guess there gets to a point where the unwritten rule can be taken to an extreme, especially if the winning team is pinned relatively close to their goal line. General point, not necessarily speaking of this past Sunday.

There was good debate on sports radio here in Vancouver about it and trying to find similar scenarios in other sports like hockey and basketball.

All said, Football has enough issues with danger maybe this is the one rare play where the players do take safety seriously.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

RIP Steve Sabol.
Had no idea he was sick

Agreed. The work he and his dad did is amazing. The testiment is that even non football fans would stop and watch those films - and enjoy them.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agreed. The work he and his dad did is amazing.

Must be quite sad for a father and son to both reach old age, and then for the father to outlive the son.

Ed Sabol is still healthy at 96.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
At least it was somewhat old age for Steve, like to think 69 is still pretty young. Ed worked into his 80s if I am not mistaken.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Particularly in a league where, by the admissions of lots of former players, there have been player-driven bounty systems for years.

While true, there's never really been proof before. I waver on this point, and I may even be contradicting myself, but look at it this way - If you were caught on tape saying that you would pay a guy to go out and break somebody's leg, or seriously injure a guy for $10k, you would be having an interesting discussion with a DA. You could probably even become SF's own prison fashion blogger.

If Gooddell doesn't over react, he risks multiple things, largely, a guy who does get seriously hurt, has this kind of proof and is pissed off enough to do something about it. For the league, if they have knowledge and don't do something, they risk huge liability, perhaps even rico type stuff, or at least the criminalization of parts of the game. While it sucks for Vilma et al, you're not seeing much protest on the part of Saints brass.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boy..that Jets defense is sure top notch!!
:eh:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Romo just got crushed on that last sack.

soxpats

Reaction score
These refs suck. Just cost the Bucs a touchdown off a fumble recovery that they missed. This will be second red flag the Bucs had to throw to get a bad call reversed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads