• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not really an expert, but wouldn't calling a fade on 4th and goal be considered dumb? Couldn't really blame the ref for refusing to bail them out of that.

Great game otherwise.

The whole sequence was pretty bad (all four to the right side IIRC), but that play was mostly an "Oh **** there's like nine guys up in my face" desperation play. They probably should have called time out had they read the blitz, what bigger situation are you going to get than a 4th and goal to decide the game?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The whole sequence was pretty bad (all four to the right side IIRC), but that play was mostly an "Oh **** there's like nine guys up in my face" desperation play. They probably should have called time out had they read the blitz, what bigger situation are you going to get than a 4th and goal to decide the game?

I don't know why the 49ers didn't do the pistol read option more with Kaepernick. That formation was probably when the 49ers were the most effective. Instead they ran 3 straight plays to Crabtree.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a good no call on the final play. Crabtree went to the helmet of the Ravens player.

I don't really think you can blame the refs on that one. And they were no calling the entire time. Several holding plays by the Niners in the run game, including Kaeperpumpernickel's td run.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to complain about a no call its the third down play that Jimmy Smith broke up in that same sequence. Helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from a betting standpoint that game was ******* nerve wracking.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Gore was ripping off huge runs at the end of the game, but didn't get the ball once in the final four plays? Very curious.

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
Good Game, 49ers did pretty well with a new qb.

He showed a little inexperience, but the next few seasons should be good. Just about half time, poor clock management, and wasted time outs in the 2nd half, but great job on rallying down 22 pts

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
Frank Gore was ripping off huge runs at the end of the game, but didn't get the ball once in the final four plays? Very curious.
yeah after ngata got injured, frank gore was on a roll, shoulda given him a chance

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hurts guys. Came back strong. Shut them out second half. Refs fucked us

you know what the biggest opportunity missed by the 49ers was?

scoring more points in the first half. :foo:

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it was said before, we hadnt had a chance in a long ass time to make it to a stage like we did today. I am, always have been, and will continue to love my NINERS. This was a great shot and a great season for us and we had opportunities that we can improve on. As upset and disappointed I am, I know we have something special to look forward to.

LOVE MY TEAM NINERS FOR LIFE!

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
I hate that MVP defaulted to Flacco.

he did great paper wise, but his receivers made some great plays. a few situations he was about to get sacked that he just launched and pray'd.

I wanted to see MVP go to jacoby jones, 108 yard kick return, and that edit 56 yard score

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe it was said before, we hadnt had a chance in a long ass time to make it to a stage like we did today. I am, always have been, and will continue to love my NINERS. This was a great shot and a great season for us and we had opportunities that we can improve on. As upset and disappointed I am, I know we have something special to look forward to.

LOVE MY TEAM NINERS FOR LIFE!

its weird how the nfc west turned into the best division in football (probably for the next 5 years too) in just one season. everythings looking awesome for bay area sports fans now and to come (with baseball/football/basketball).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

all the commercials are about CBS's own shows anyway. they prolly left about $50 million on the table so far by wasting airtime on their own ****

They did not lose any money with their own ads.

I'm still surprised no one has died playing this sport

You know the sport was almost outlawed because so many people died playing it don't you?

Overall a very well officiated game.

Not so sure about this but

Refs did not impact the outcome.

this is true.

So, how do you think Bar Rafaelli's agent approached her: "Here's a chance for you to make a ton of money--but your reputation will be permanently set that you're a whore."

Ravens played lights out, Ray Lewis was killer...

Still don't think Ravens were the best team in the NFL This year but whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads