1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official MMA thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, May 30, 2008.

1. Eason

Eason Senior member

The scores were:
    49-46
    48-47
    48-47

I don't see how it's at all possible to get the 49-46. round 2 was arguably a 10-8 round, though forest did no visable damage to Rampage thoughout the whole fight. I'd say Round 1, 4, and 5 were rampage.

2. Brad

Brad Senior member

I'd say Round 1, 4, and 5 were rampage.

You must have seen a different fight than me.

3. Eason

Eason Senior member

Sorry it was two judges had it 48-46, and one judge had it 49-46.

Those rounds should have gone to rampage because he came out ahead in trades every time. Forrest took him down from the clinch several times because he needed to recover. I think Forrest's face is proof that he didn't take those rounds.

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

forest did no visable damage to Rampage thoughout the whole fight.
    What about all those leg kicks? In the post-fight interview Rampage made it pretty clear that those hurt him pretty bad.

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

Yeah but not enough to sway the fight. If forest had kept kicking the leg until he couldn't stand, then it would mean something. It was only 2 kicks that got him good, they just showed them over and over.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I think Forrest's face is proof that he didn't take those rounds.

Come on man, you can't be serious when you say that. The guy has a ton of scar tissue on his face and it opens up in every single fight. You can't honestly say that you're going to judge the fight by what his face looked like. The way I saw it, Forest pushed the action, he had better aggression, better "octagon control" and won this fight no question. I didn't really see Rampage do much other than throw some leather now and then. Sure he had a few punches land clean, but Forest was a lot more active and aggressive.

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

Basically I don't think you could say anybody won that fight the way they scored it, I want round 6 until somebody gets der ass whupped.

8. Matt

Matt Senior member

9. Eason

Eason Senior member

I was there when he said that but I'm calling LIES

10. Matt

Matt Senior member

can anyone point me at a website where I can watch the fight (before the UFC's lawyers get hold of it)?

11. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

I agree, I like both fighters quite a lot, but I scored it every round for rampage except 2 which I gave 10-8 Forrest. My thinking is you can't give a split a decision to a challenger on a title shot. And that was by my eyes in no way a unanimous.

12. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

can anyone point me at a website where I can watch the fight (before the UFC's lawyers get hold of it)?

mma-tv.net, you may have to donate to sign up but you'll be able to watch live/get downloads of any future fights.

13. Eason

Eason Senior member

TVU player FTW

14. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I am watching the fights tonight and will give my expert opinion then.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Even Rampage said that he got his ass kicked in that fight. Griffin isn't able to inflict the damage to Rampage, but the fight was Griffin's.

16. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

I don't see a big debate here. As odoreater said, if you go by the old standbys like octagon control and who showed more aggression, Forrest had my boy Rampage beat. Jackson still had me laughing in the post-fight, though. Supposedly Chuck is up next, but I wouldn't be too jazzed for a Rampage-Chuck III should Liddell pull out a W.

17. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Dude, please no. Machida for the title fight. Rampage vs. Jardine. I'm sick of rematches.

To quote Jackson: You have to beat the champ to be the champ. At this event, that really didn't happen. I think Jackson should still be holding the belt.

My opinion on this fight is this: 2 out of 3 judges gave round 1 to Griffin. That alone is bullshit. In terms of UFC rules, I do think Griffin had this fight. He outdid Jackson in control and aggression. Still, though. I don't think he deserves the belt.

18. shimmyt

shimmyt Well-Known Member

It all basically comes down to I truly believe if this fight went to a decision that Dana was going to give it to Forrest. Rampage had his chances to finish off Forrest and wouldn't / couldn't do it. So that's on him. To the judges though check this out from mmamania.com:

Now next match wise I said this in the bar and I'm going to say it here, Dana got a woody thinking about Forrest v Chuck (which it really should be Lyoto Machida but I can't see him getting his title fight before Chuck) in December, and Rampage v Wanderlei in January or something. Now you throw in Lyoto for either of those two fights and I could soft of see that happening too.

19. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Dude, please no. Machida for the title fight. Rampage vs. Jardine. I'm sick of rematches.

As much as he is being hyped, I don't think Machida deserves a title shot yet. He hasn't beaten any of the top guys in his division yet. I think he needs one more fight before he gets a title shot and he needs to beat either Liddell, Silva, Rashad, or Rampage in that fight.

20. Matt

Matt Senior member

Well FWIW, Compustrike came to the same conclusion as the UFC judges.... [​IMG]