1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official MMA thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, May 30, 2008.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Complete freakshow. No state athletic commission should have licensed Old Man Shamrock to fight. It's not just his age, it's his terrible results in his most recent fights. The fight ended like I thought it would, although I'm shocked that Shamrock couldn't finish the choke on ground newb Slice. At least now Ken will hopefully retire. Had he won, he might have asked for another shot at Tito Ortiz.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

The only reason that I watched was that I knew the name of the 2 fighters in the main event. Undercards were also ok.

That is crazy that a 50+ year old dude could get licensed. Though he is still a hell of a fighter vs the average guy.

3. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Crazy how good in shape KS looked, and still got his ass kicked. I guess it doesn't matter how good you look at 50 when it comes to fighting. George Foreman, and B Hop really are freaks.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Holy fuck, that Connor Magregor fight can't be real? Did that happen? Holy shit.

5. why

why Senior member

i made 20 off a protestant who bet against a dubliner with a hit me chin and 0 times KO'd.

2 people like this.
  6. javyn

javyn Senior member

I'd like to see some videos of traditional kung fu masters getting stomped by MMA fighters.

7. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

bullshido.net

Curious to see what happens when/if McGregor makes the jump to LW. Him vs. Cerrone would be a hell of a fight. Rockhold looked solid, that fight should have been stopped in the 3rd round imo.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Cerrone and McGregor would be a good fight, but it would be a warmup fight for Conor unless Cerrone decided to become a wrestler again. Cowboy fights too much like a traditional Thai boxer, and takes a lot of shots. McGregor can crack harder, moves better. although he gets hit as well, and seems to have a very solid chin. On the other hand, although Cowboy regularly gets drawn into ill considered brawls, I've rarely seen him lunge into a punch, unlike poor Aldo. I feel bad for Jose because that has happened to me more than once, though, in private and for zero money.