• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Is anyone at all excited about UFC 106? I think the Koscheck-Johnson fight has the potential for fireworks, but I'm a bit meh about the main event. I might skip this one.

That's going to be the best fight on the card. There are only a couple of upcoming fights that look really interesting.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
That's going to be the best fight on the card. There are only a couple of upcoming fights that look really interesting.
Yea, Koscheck vs John will easily be the best fight on the card, someone is going to get knocked the **** out there, really hope Rumble pulls this one out as Koscheck has been eternally painted as a douche in my mind due to TUF, though a talented douche he is. ******* Karo Parisyan pulled out of his fight at UFC 106, was kinda looking forward to his return to the octagon, guy had some really sick judo throws.
I am seriously going to pray that Forrest Griffin knocks Tito Ortiz the **** out cause oh lordy that dumbass needs to shut up he talks so much ****. Even when Tito loses he still talks ****. He is all up on his high horse saying he only lost in the past because of injuries and bla bla bla and how he wants the LHW title. Also, if Forrest loses this match I seriously think he will just lose his mind and disappear for a while. Overall though, my mind has already skipped past this one as I am fixating on Penn vs Sanchez.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want forrest to win as well.
I think Penn will walk through diego.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleck, about as unexcited as can be for this one.

Just for ***** and giggles here are my picks:

Amir over Baroni via sub: This is one fight where I hope to hell I'm wrong. I used to hate the NYB but I've come to like him in a "I hope this train wreck somehow rights it's self" kind of way.
Diet Nog over Can via TKO.
Tiago over Volkman by being the fighter I have actually heard of.
Johnson over Kos by actual blackness.
and... Tito over Forrest by Dec although this is pretty much a pick em pick. I don't see either fighter finishing it.

snuffy

Reaction score
No update all night here on UFC 100? Must not have been a good event.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuffy
No update all night here on UFC 100? Must not have been a good event.

Because UFC 100 was around 5 months ago?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I passed watching the fights. I read the results on sherdog.com and I think I made the right choice.

Lendo

Reaction score
same here. that card was definitely not worth the ppv price.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were some great fights last night. Don't know wtf you guys are talking about.

Oxnard

Reaction score
*****SPOILERS*****
The best part of UFC 106 was the free preliminaries on Spike. Couldn't believe Marcus Davis getting knocked out via knees by Ben Saunders, really surprised me. With his long ass knees and height, Saunders is an interesting up and comer in that division. Hope this "first knockout" isn't the start of a losing streak for Davis. Definitely wouldn't have payed even $20 for that card though, I would have been so pissed if I had planned and purchased tickets to go "Lesnar vs. Carwin" and ended up with "Ortiz vs. Griffin 2", as Lesnar's title defense was the original center of that card.

Anyways Tito Ortiz lost, thank god, that man is such a ******* chump, I hope he falls inside Jenna Jameson's massive ****** and disappears forever, at least then we would never have to hear the endless bitching that ensues after every fight he loses.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
*****SPOILERS*****
The best part of UFC 106 was the free preliminaries on Spike. Couldn't believe Marcus Davis getting knocked out via knees by Ben Saunders, really surprised me. With his long ass knees and height, Saunders is an interesting up and comer in that division. Hope this "first knockout" isn't the start of a losing streak for Davis. Definitely wouldn't have payed even $20 for that card though, I would have been so pissed if I had planned and purchased tickets to go "Lesnar vs. Carwin" and ended up with "Ortiz vs. Griffin 2", as Lesnar's title defense was the original center of that card.

Anyways Tito Ortiz lost, thank god, that man is such a ******* chump, I hope he falls inside Jenna Jameson's massive ****** and disappears forever, at least then we would never have to hear the endless bitching that ensues after every fight he loses.

+1

+50!!

I love Forrest at the end trying to defend Tito's whining. "Ya'll are booin', but when you train to fight, guess what, some times you get hurt."

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oxnard that was some funny ****. Tito is a chump and he is not a draw anymore.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Awesome to see Baroni back, his fight with Sadollah was the fight of the night. (not saying too much)

Brian SD

Reaction score
Poor guy is like Nog x2 though, gets his **** kicked in before he wins hte fight.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I was actually rooting for Baroni too. I love his old Pride pimp entrances
cool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads