The Official MMA thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, May 30, 2008.

1. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Is anyone at all excited about UFC 106? I think the Koscheck-Johnson fight has the potential for fireworks, but I'm a bit meh about the main event. I might skip this one.

That's going to be the best fight on the card. There are only a couple of upcoming fights that look really interesting.

2. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

That's going to be the best fight on the card. There are only a couple of upcoming fights that look really interesting.
    Yea, Koscheck vs John will easily be the best fight on the card, someone is going to get knocked the fuck out there, really hope Rumble pulls this one out as Koscheck has been eternally painted as a douche in my mind due to TUF, though a talented douche he is. Fucking Karo Parisyan pulled out of his fight at UFC 106, was kinda looking forward to his return to the octagon, guy had some really sick judo throws.
    I am seriously going to pray that Forrest Griffin knocks Tito Ortiz the fuck out cause oh lordy that dumbass needs to shut up he talks so much shit. Even when Tito loses he still talks shit. He is all up on his high horse saying he only lost in the past because of injuries and bla bla bla and how he wants the LHW title. Also, if Forrest loses this match I seriously think he will just lose his mind and disappear for a while. Overall though, my mind has already skipped past this one as I am fixating on Penn vs Sanchez.

3. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I want forrest to win as well.
    I think Penn will walk through diego.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Bleck, about as unexcited as can be for this one.

Just for shits and giggles here are my picks:

Amir over Baroni via sub: This is one fight where I hope to hell I'm wrong. I used to hate the NYB but I've come to like him in a "I hope this train wreck somehow rights it's self" kind of way.
    Diet Nog over Can via TKO.
    Tiago over Volkman by being the fighter I have actually heard of.
    Johnson over Kos by actual blackness.
    and... Tito over Forrest by Dec although this is pretty much a pick em pick. I don't see either fighter finishing it.

5. snuffy

snuffy Active Member

No update all night here on UFC 100? Must not have been a good event.

6. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

No update all night here on UFC 100? Must not have been a good event.

Because UFC 100 was around 5 months ago?

7. Mauro

I passed watching the fights. I read the results on sherdog.com and I think I made the right choice.

8. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

same here. that card was definitely not worth the ppv price.

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

There were some great fights last night. Don't know wtf you guys are talking about.

10. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

*****SPOILERS*****
    The best part of UFC 106 was the free preliminaries on Spike. Couldn't believe Marcus Davis getting knocked out via knees by Ben Saunders, really surprised me. With his long ass knees and height, Saunders is an interesting up and comer in that division. Hope this "first knockout" isn't the start of a losing streak for Davis. Definitely wouldn't have payed even $20 for that card though, I would have been so pissed if I had planned and purchased tickets to go "Lesnar vs. Carwin" and ended up with "Ortiz vs. Griffin 2", as Lesnar's title defense was the original center of that card.

Anyways Tito Ortiz lost, thank god, that man is such a fucking chump, I hope he falls inside Jenna Jameson's massive vagina and disappears forever, at least then we would never have to hear the endless bitching that ensues after every fight he loses.

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

*****SPOILERS*****
    The best part of UFC 106 was the free preliminaries on Spike. Couldn't believe Marcus Davis getting knocked out via knees by Ben Saunders, really surprised me. With his long ass knees and height, Saunders is an interesting up and comer in that division. Hope this "first knockout" isn't the start of a losing streak for Davis. Definitely wouldn't have payed even $20 for that card though, I would have been so pissed if I had planned and purchased tickets to go "Lesnar vs. Carwin" and ended up with "Ortiz vs. Griffin 2", as Lesnar's title defense was the original center of that card.

Anyways Tito Ortiz lost, thank god, that man is such a fucking chump, I hope he falls inside Jenna Jameson's massive vagina and disappears forever, at least then we would never have to hear the endless bitching that ensues after every fight he loses.

+1

+50!!

I love Forrest at the end trying to defend Tito's whining. "Ya'll are booin', but when you train to fight, guess what, some times you get hurt."

12. Mauro

Oxnard that was some funny shit. Tito is a chump and he is not a draw anymore.

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Awesome to see Baroni back, his fight with Sadollah was the fight of the night. (not saying too much)

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Poor guy is like Nog x2 though, gets his shit kicked in before he wins hte fight.

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Haha yeah, I was actually rooting for Baroni too. I love his old Pride pimp entrances [​IMG]