• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Ahriman4891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Anyone have video link of the Fedor fight?
Fedor won me $50 tonight
boxing[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Betting on Fedor? You rebel!
biggrin.gif

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
overall, good card. mousasi is a small 205er, like wand. i don't think he can hang with LHWs that cut. the miller shields fight bore me pretty bad. he had position the whole time, and couldn't' finish. miller couldn't even stuff the takedowns.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
overall, good card. mousasi is a small 205er, like wand. i don't think he can hang with LHWs that cut. the miller shields fight bore me pretty bad. he had position the whole time, and couldn't' finish. miller couldn't even stuff the takedowns.

Mousasi is without a doubt one of the most talented LHW's out there. He is a future superstar without a doubt.

And Fedor.. WOW. When Rogers was ground and pounding him, my heart started to race, but in true Fedor fashion, you make the tiniest mistake and you pay for it. Same punch that KO'd Arlovski... insane.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Wow. That was weird...anyone think McCarthy shouldn't have called it?

I don't think he should have called it and I don't think Rogers was out. I think a lot goes into the 2 or 3 seconds of reaction after you get rocked by a punch like that.

I forgot, who was supposed to be the dominant one and who was supposed to have only a punchers chance.

Rogers looked great.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I don't think he should have called it and I don't think Rogers was out. I think a lot goes into the 2 or 3 seconds of reaction after you get rocked by a punch like that.

I forgot, who was supposed to be the dominant one and who was supposed to have only a punchers chance.

Rogers looked great.

If you think Rogers was "dominant," we watched a different fight.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

Well, I think Rogers won the first round and for all the talk of how dominant Fedor was going to be he failed to live up to the hype IMO.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

I agree with you there. That said, no one ended Frazier-Ali after one punch; let 'em fight.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fedor had the fight from the beginning.

Jake needs to work on his stand up ..for sure!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall I thought the card was an B+ A- card. I think they had some women fighting in the prelims, but I'm not sure. Great card, but I don't think it lived up to the potential. especially with Shields v. Miller.

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Fedor had the fight from the beginning.
Lately no one can claim to be the master of the "let them maul me while I seemingly get lucky with a one hitter quitter" like Fedor. People who dont think Rogers looked dominant must have Fedor on the brain. I daint think he would go into the second much less take the first.
Originally Posted by whacked
I agree with you there. That said, no one ended Frazier-Ali after one punch; let 'em fight.
Its the job of the ref to insure a fighter who is out doesnt sustain any further damage. Rogers was just going to sit there in the fetal position and eat punches. Big John did the right thing.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Well, I think Rogers won the first round and for all the talk of how dominant Fedor was going to be he failed to live up to the hype IMO.

You.. you think rogers won the first round? Okay we definitely were not watching the same fight.

Oxnard

Reaction score
No way Rogers had the first round, sure he got in a few good punches in when he had fedor on his back, and the initial jab that hurt his nose, but Fedor dominated the second half of the first round, especially when Rogers looked like he was gassing. I don't even think it was that close, I have seen a couple fights where Fedor looked like he was hurt just before he pulled a knockout, this kind of reminded me of his more recent fight with Arlovski. Rogers did look better than I thought he was going to though. Also, I think Big John's call was perfectly fair, Rogers was hurt very badly and he would have just eaten a lot of unnecessary punches. He was on his back for a while after the fight was stopped, and cmon Big John is like the best mma ref ever, if he thought that the fight should have been stopped then I trust his judgement, Rogers was hurt very badly.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11

Mousasi is 6'2". He does look a little lean but no more so thatn Shogun. I'm pretty sure he cuts. I know he has expressed an interest in fighting at HW.

As for Fedor Rogers, Fedor won round one. Rogers had a nice jab, some ineffective clinch work and than about 5 seconds on GnP. Fedor knocked him down twice, had him backed against the cage with some combos and went for two subs.

Fedor did look like Roger's size was a problem and this has been the question about Fedor right along. How will he handle this new breed of ginormous HW?. In this fight he had a speed advantage and an advantage on the ground. I wonder what he would do against a Lesnar/Carwin two huge, fast guys with a lot of ground experience. Could they put him on his back and hold him there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads