The Official MMA thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, May 30, 2008.

1. Ahriman4891

Ahriman4891 Senior member

Anyone have video link of the Fedor fight?
    Fedor won me $50 tonight [​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Betting on Fedor? You rebel! [​IMG]

3. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

4. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

overall, good card. mousasi is a small 205er, like wand. i don't think he can hang with LHWs that cut. the miller shields fight bore me pretty bad. he had position the whole time, and couldn't' finish. miller couldn't even stuff the takedowns.

5. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

overall, good card. mousasi is a small 205er, like wand. i don't think he can hang with LHWs that cut. the miller shields fight bore me pretty bad. he had position the whole time, and couldn't' finish. miller couldn't even stuff the takedowns.

Mousasi is without a doubt one of the most talented LHW's out there. He is a future superstar without a doubt.

And Fedor.. WOW. When Rogers was ground and pounding him, my heart started to race, but in true Fedor fashion, you make the tiniest mistake and you pay for it. Same punch that KO'd Arlovski... insane.

6. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Wow. That was weird...anyone think McCarthy shouldn't have called it?

I don't think he should have called it and I don't think Rogers was out. I think a lot goes into the 2 or 3 seconds of reaction after you get rocked by a punch like that.

I forgot, who was supposed to be the dominant one and who was supposed to have only a punchers chance.

Rogers looked great.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I don't think he should have called it and I don't think Rogers was out. I think a lot goes into the 2 or 3 seconds of reaction after you get rocked by a punch like that.

I forgot, who was supposed to be the dominant one and who was supposed to have only a punchers chance.

Rogers looked great.

If you think Rogers was "dominant," we watched a different fight.

8. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Well, I think Rogers won the first round and for all the talk of how dominant Fedor was going to be he failed to live up to the hype IMO.

9. whacked

whacked Senior member

I agree with you there. That said, no one ended Frazier-Ali after one punch; let 'em fight.

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Fedor had the fight from the beginning.

Jake needs to work on his stand up ..for sure!

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Overall I thought the card was an B+ A- card. I think they had some women fighting in the prelims, but I'm not sure. Great card, but I don't think it lived up to the potential. especially with Shields v. Miller.

12. r...

r... Senior member

Fedor had the fight from the beginning.
    Lately no one can claim to be the master of the "let them maul me while I seemingly get lucky with a one hitter quitter" like Fedor. People who dont think Rogers looked dominant must have Fedor on the brain. I daint think he would go into the second much less take the first.
    I agree with you there. That said, no one ended Frazier-Ali after one punch; let 'em fight.
    Its the job of the ref to insure a fighter who is out doesnt sustain any further damage. Rogers was just going to sit there in the fetal position and eat punches. Big John did the right thing.

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Well, I think Rogers won the first round and for all the talk of how dominant Fedor was going to be he failed to live up to the hype IMO.

You.. you think rogers won the first round? Okay we definitely were not watching the same fight.

14. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

No way Rogers had the first round, sure he got in a few good punches in when he had fedor on his back, and the initial jab that hurt his nose, but Fedor dominated the second half of the first round, especially when Rogers looked like he was gassing. I don't even think it was that close, I have seen a couple fights where Fedor looked like he was hurt just before he pulled a knockout, this kind of reminded me of his more recent fight with Arlovski. Rogers did look better than I thought he was going to though. Also, I think Big John's call was perfectly fair, Rogers was hurt very badly and he would have just eaten a lot of unnecessary punches. He was on his back for a while after the fight was stopped, and cmon Big John is like the best mma ref ever, if he thought that the fight should have been stopped then I trust his judgement, Rogers was hurt very badly.

15. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Mousasi is 6'2". He does look a little lean but no more so thatn Shogun. I'm pretty sure he cuts. I know he has expressed an interest in fighting at HW.

As for Fedor Rogers, Fedor won round one. Rogers had a nice jab, some ineffective clinch work and than about 5 seconds on GnP. Fedor knocked him down twice, had him backed against the cage with some combos and went for two subs.

Fedor did look like Roger's size was a problem and this has been the question about Fedor right along. How will he handle this new breed of ginormous HW?. In this fight he had a speed advantage and an advantage on the ground. I wonder what he would do against a Lesnar/Carwin two huge, fast guys with a lot of ground experience. Could they put him on his back and hold him there?