• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
Yeah, the '47XX and '54ZXX are my favorites. I've been buying the dark rinse (pre-washed) off EBay in my size for the last year.
I have some washed 47’s that are super relic’d, so it’s a nice contrast to the raw stuff I wear on most days. I’ve been considering getting a 54 or 55 in a light wash as well. I’ve read that they are the slimmest/tapered fit.

Kamaluddin

Reaction score
Hello everyone, let me introduce my self first. My name is kamaluddin and i am from indonesia. I have LVC 501xx 1947 that i bought from online shop. The LVC that I have looks authentic, until finally I realized that my LVC has flaws.

20201112_220712.jpg

There is no LVC logo on the inner pocket and on the care label too, can someone explain it to me ?
20201113_162707.jpg

workinonmystyle

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could track down a set of Levis LVC Suspenders I haven't had any luck myself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Can anyone tell if this 506xx denim jacket is authentic and possibly age? If real would 150$ be a fair price? Thinking of picking it up.

C236F764-1914-4E7E-9FF7-DDF1D4620587.jpeg
9AFCE1DE-BF87-429C-B438-37B20683DBC3.jpeg
12C70D3B-FE5F-4CDB-8674-23C63CF053FA.jpeg

emacs

Reaction score
Figured I'd pop in and let everyone know that the LASTCALL code for 50% off sale styles works on LVC garms at levi.com. Stacks with student/teacher/first responder discounts as well, so I picked up a couple Bay Meadows sweatshirts and a 1950s hoodie for less than $85.

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Hello--

Just received an LVC/Levi's item that I bought online; doesn't fit. Packing slip says "easy return or exchange," so I processed the return and printed out the FedEx label/return slip stating refund amount. Noting that the confirmation email told me to go to a FedEx drop-off that's 1/2 hr away, I called Levi's CS just to make sure I can hand it to any FedEx driver.

"Sorry sir, but you bought this as a final sale item. No returns."

I didn't remember seeing anything about a final sale when I bought it on my phone, and more importantly, there is no mention of this at all on the packing slip/receipt--it just says EASY RETURNS, and it permitted me to print out the return slip and label. Anyone have experience with this? Do I just mail it off with the FedEx label return slip stating refund price provided by Levi's? Do I drive 40 minutes to my local Levi's outlet and try to return it in person? This item is kind of expensive, so I hope I'm not stuck with it. Any/all advice appreciated.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I’d send it off with FedEx and dispute with cc if there’s any hassle. Make sure to copy packing slip and other stuff.

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
I’d send it off with FedEx and dispute with cc if there’s any hassle. Make sure to copy packing slip and other stuff.

Done deal: the item was successfully returned to my local Levi's outlet this evening.

The store manager was super cool, and in fact when she entered the order to process the return, she saw in the system that the phone rep I spoke with at levis.com flagged a FINAL SALE note onto the order and advised that I called--kind of a douche move. Nonetheless, the store manager said, "Oh well--too bad I didn't just see that note!"

The $$ has officially been refunded to my card. All's well that ends well.

chhase

Reaction score
My 1947 501s (Moon Rock) purchased back in 2019 and photographed a few days ago after washing them for the first time in I don’t know how long:

7BAE7889-839B-4C6A-9F27-E74202BAEE9C.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the 1947's (and '54ZXX). My two favorite Levis. Unfortunately they discontinued the one wash in the USA market. I like to break them in myself although a few, but not all, of the washed versions are quite nice. The washes that looked bleached over-all are my least favorite.

noobanker

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of 1954 501z's.
They're a bit loose on the waist but snug on the thighs. I don't think I could fit into them if they shrank on the thighs.

Any recs? Do these shrink at all on the thighs? Do they "stretch" out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads