1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. oldgreymarestomp

oldgreymarestomp New Member

Can't find these anywhere in the midwest.

2. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a pair of 47's? Farinellis has them for $220. Do they give any kind of SF discount? Who else is carrying the line in the US?

3. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a pair of 47's? Farinellis has them for $220. Do they give any kind of SF discount? Who else is carrying the line in the US?

Go back and read or reread this thread.

4. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark

Cultizm, is probably your best bet, unless you can find them cheaper somewhere on sale.

The customer service on Cultizm is second to none, you'll have your jeans in a day or two.

5. fosho

fosho Senior member

6. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

The blog said these are the last of the LVC's, but I thought you were getting the 1915's?

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    he lied!

We didn't get shipped all at once.

we have the
    and one more but I forget.

I really like the 33's.

The 47's and 55's will be the first to go!

8. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

So the 1915's will be coming in? Sorry to be obtuse.

9. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

If I'm a 33.5 true waist, should I get a size 35 in the 1947 cut?

10. kalanigee

kalanigee Senior member

Heads up. I was browsing through Yoox and there's a pair of 1967 505's in a size 34 posted if anyone's interested.

11. Simontuntelder

If I'm a 33.5 true waist, should I get a size 35 in the 1947 cut?

I don't think you can get a size 35... What you need to do is contact the seller or store and ask for actual measurements and not just the general advice - go up two sizes.

Thing is LVC has had some sizing issues. One season a model would be tagged 32 and measure 32, but the following season it might measure 34. So don't just go with general advice.

The 47 used to be undersized by an inch, so going with a 36 would have been the advice in the past, but nowadays maybe you should go with an 34.

I would however like to say that the denim on the 47 is a bit boring compared to a model like the 55. If you go down a couple of sizes on the 55, you get a similar fit to the 47.

12. nomad

nomad Senior member

13. quevola

quevola Senior member

I don't think you can get a size 35... What you need to do is contact the seller or store and ask for actual measurements and not just the general advice - go up two sizes.

Thing is LVC has had some sizing issues. One season a model would be tagged 32 and measure 32, but the following season it might measure 34. So don't just go with general advice.

The 47 used to be undersized by an inch, so going with a 36 would have been the advice in the past, but nowadays maybe you should go with an 34.

I would however like to say that the denim on the 47 is a bit boring compared to a model like the 55. If you go down a couple of sizes on the 55, you get a similar fit to the 47.

Good advice - my 47s are from 2008 and I went tts (28). They fit spot on after a week of wear. Get measurements before sizing up or down.

14. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

I'll add and say that I am a W31, and got the 47's in a 33. I don't know how, but when I tried them on before soaking they fit almost perfectly, if a touch oversized. So I returned them for the 34's instead. Crossing my fingers things all work out.

15. Simontuntelder

I'll add and say that I am a W31, and got the 47's in a 33. I don't know how, but when I tried them on before soaking they fit almost perfectly, if a touch oversized. So I returned them for the 34's instead. Crossing my fingers things all work out.

You can always control shrinkage a but.. If you just want them to shrink a bit the first time, you just cold soak them shortly and then if you need them to shrink more you repeat it again with a cold soak or a warmer soak. The indigo loss is minimal.

Just remember that all jeans stretch.

16. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

You can always control shrinkage a but.. If you just want them to shrink a bit the first time, you just cold soak them shortly and then if you need them to shrink more you repeat it again with a cold soak or a warmer soak. The indigo loss is minimal.

Just remember that all jeans stretch.

Good advice again. You can easily restrict waist shrinkage to an inch or so by soaking and washing cold. But trying to get more than two inches can be a nightmare.

17. Simontuntelder

Good advice again. You can easily restrict waist shrinkage to an inch or so by soaking and washing cold. But trying to get more than two inches can be a nightmare.

Two words - boiling water x 10

18. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Two words - boiling water x 10

Why? What do you mean?

19. Simontuntelder

Why? What do you mean?

Soak your jeans in boiling water to maximize shrinkage. And do it repeatedly. Of course you can only to it to a certain degree before you reach the limit.

20. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    If you guys have a fit questions just email us and we will help you.