• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
I've bought a pair every Fall for the last few years including one month ago. It is actually slightly fuller than my others. But, production cuts and fits do vary with LVC. I've taken 2-3 pairs of the exact jean, one wash, same size into the fitting room and it can vary from skin tight sausage casing to comfortable relaxed in the top block.

It sucks that the sizing can vary so much from sample to sample. Poor QC?

Anyway, I wore the jeans for about an hour and really tried to stretch them out and they did loosen up a bit. I’m keeping them.

These jeans actually fit quite slim IMO. Never thought I’d say that about a pair of 501s lol. I really like the way they look on me, though. I also love the “high” rise. The low rise found in most jeans is really terrible.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with LVC as my favorite jeans are LVC and the worst fitting jeans are LVC. I really need to buy them in-store and try them on. At least they are easy to sell on eBay. I'm also not sure what will happen with the fit of the denim when they change from Cone denim to something else this next season since the Cone Mills shut down. Maybe nothing?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
bumping this one to the top. I know not much activity in this thread which is surprising (imo) considering the collection I just received. Anything catch your eye? I'm debating grabbing this long coat depending on if the weather in Boulder looks to stay cold-ish or not.

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
I'm not seeing any winter long coat on the Canoe Club/LVC page.

Speaking of LVC coats, I purchased one of their Italian-made suede sherpas on sale before the holidays, but after much deliberation, I sent it back just before the return window was set to close. I liked it in theory, but it just fit too weird: perfect in the shoulders and sleeves, but billowy as all get-out in the body. Not a $700 value to me.

Conversely, I love the LVC 2-tone green shirt/sweater; the XL looks like it was tailor-made for me. There were so many XL pop-backs, I purchased a hoarder-esque two more for backup. At less than $90 each, how could I not? I get constant compliments on it, and so now I'm pretty much set for life in the 2-tone green department.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@CommanderMcBragg should be online here fairly soon, before the following Tuesday. We're waiting for one more box. The coat I'm talkin' about is this number - sooo cool. As for that sweater, we restocked them twice! was so cool to see them sell so quickly. And fair point about the suede sherpa - I remember feeling boxy in it trying it on.

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Do anyone know if this coat came pre distressed from factory?

DF1BD2A7-1804-4B0A-B37D-25263DBC98D5.png

3D87F2DC-08B5-4558-9C95-B0419CB5E664.png
EBBFC0E3-2090-4CF1-BEC8-6E1B49AC33FC.png
5CCB1103-A7C1-410B-AA7E-3258C9E2ED5E.png
23F23936-CEAD-4699-993F-673D83BDD8D8.png

aquila49

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking for a couple of LVC pieces. If you have one that you're interested in selling/trading, please message me.

Thanks!

LVC Long-Sleeve Hockey T-shirt
Size Small (or possibly a Medium, depending on fit).

lvc-long-sleeve-hockey-tshirt.jpg

LVC "Been Around" Leather Sherpa Trucker Jacket
Size Medium (or possibly a Large, depending on fit).

Serenity

Reaction score
Quick question. Does new season LVC, 1947 raw denim not made in USA anymore?

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more about this Leather bag? The seller told it is supposed to be possible for fitting a bike/motorcycle?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Einstein_Box_jacket_1180 (1).jpeg

Hey! So a couple of seasons ago LVC released a Menlo Cossack jacket based off of an old Einstein jacket he loved dearly. We did a write up on it found here. Levi's Vintage Clothing is rereleasing the jacket but this time in black. Included is a replica of the paddle used at the auction where the OG was acquired as well as a D.S. & Durga mimicking the scent of the Einstein jacket itself. Hypebeast released a fantastic article on this year's model.

This likely will sell out before we get it photographed and online, so feel free to reach out to secure your size. I'll have 18 units total in a full size run if that gives you any idea on the exclusivity of this piece. Appreciate y'all!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terribly disappointed that LVC is no longer offering the rinsed versions of their iconic 501xx 1947, 501xx 1955 or 501Z xx 1954. Raw (STF) just doesn't work for me as it shrinks too short in inseam and you never really know what the fit will be. The rinse versions took the guess work out of fit when buying LVC's and you got to break them in custom, rather than buying the much more expensive distressed models they offer (which are only OK, not that good). I really don't understand why they dropped the rinsed versions.

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Nothing at all for me with this year's crop of LVC offerings. The only item that even remotely caught my attention was the suede sherpa trucker jacket...but at $1500?!? No way. Not even with Black Friday discounts.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some sizing advice on 1947 501xx... I wear 36x30 regular 511s. I have 5 pairs of them so they fit well. How is the thigh and ankle dimensions of the 1947 501xx compared to the 511s?

Should I stick with a size 36 waist and simply do either the wear in tub then wear till dry method or the don't wash at all and wear new method? Or should I size up to a 38 waist and do a warm water soak to shrink them down?

I'm not too worried about the length (it's either 36x34 or 38x34 as my options) as they won't be too short regardless of if they shrink or not and can always get them hemmed afterward if needed. They will be cuffed though.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
Pretty much a dead thread, but I’m fine writing to ghosts.

stoked on these 1947’s. I’m fairly hard on my clothing and have been doing a lot of laborious activities outside during these strange times, so it will be interesting to see the results in a few months to a year.
For reference I typically wear a 30 across the board. Got a 30 in these and pre-soak they were tight. Post soak, uncomfortable. A few days of discomfort and they are perfect. This got the the trimmer side of 501 silhouettes and I’m pleased. Kinda done with skinny jeans lately. Not sworn off, just vibing something different.
DB3670DF-131A-41E5-AF23-B139DD5FACAE.jpeg
2143E66A-1E13-4875-9226-04E7192B3D42.jpeg
8D0E6309-768B-43B5-AE89-26F731BB210C.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the '47XX and '54ZXX are my favorites. I've been buying the dark rinse (pre-washed) off EBay in my size for the last year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads