1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Does anyone know how to tell if a pair of the 1967 505 is made from the Japanese or Cone Mills denim? They seem to have the same lot number.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

can folks help me id these, i recently acquired the pair below and i think they are from 1984 deadstock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

bump anyone?

4. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

Nor I. Thanks for sharing that one.

In my experience, the LVC stuff does stretch in the waist, but it can take a while.

5. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I ordered the type II from the Levi web and it came in the mail today. There was no sizing information, I usually take a M so that's what I got.

The jacket came with a tag that said - for jackets you should get one size larger than your normal size.

You think they would have put that on the web site. Anyway it goes back and I'll order an L.

6. ivan200000

ivan200000 Member

Hi--

Long-time lurker, infrequent poster here.

Anyone here own or even eyeballed the so-called "Gayway Souvenir" shirt from the LVC collection a year or two back? I've never been the aloha shirt guy though I do love LVC stuff...especially when it's relegated to the more affordable clearance rack. My wife hates this Gayway shirt by virtue of the online photos ("too kitschy") though I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it. Seems like it would look cool untucked with chinos.

All opinions welcomed.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Standard 501´s from the 80s then? Or what are you asking?

8. zHugh

zHugh Member

I haven't seen many places still selling these.

9. ivan200000

ivan200000 Member

The LVC "Gayway Souvenir" arrived. Looks cool, though I'm not sure if it's my style. I couldn't pass up the clearance price, and with the original tags, I'm sure I can recoup my $$ easily enough through the popular auction site should I decide against keeping it.

10. GrandpaCardigan

GrandpaCardigan New Member

It's an interesting shirt, I like the Hawaiian shirts they put out every season.

Before you make a verdict, try wearing it out one day--see what happens. It'd be damn shame if it sat in the closet unworn and already judged.

11. ffdg11

ffdg11 Active Member

They sell it on every sale/outlet section of any site selling LVC because it's not really popular. It's a souvenir shirt from the 40's, it's not stylish and it's tackier than hawaian shirts, but just wear it, if you don't feel comfortable it'd make a great pyjama shirt xD.

By the way, have any of you spotted these 1978 Castro shorts?

[​IMG]
    I'm not too excited about the rainbow arcuate, but they add a very charming SF 70's look. Too bad i can't find them anywhere, would love to grab some at a reasonable price.

12. zHugh

zHugh Member

I definitely prefer the LVC Hawaiian shirts to the souvenir shirt. Especially the 1940s Bay Meadows Hawaiian. Awesome print. I have only seen those Castros on eBay for an arm and a leg.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  13. Hank671

Hank671 New Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  14. double00

double00 Senior member

i feel like i've seen the Castros at the Levi's flagship at Union Square... fun stuff

15. double00

double00 Senior member

@sinnedk show the interior care tag, i think they used that flasher for a few years.

also, i've seen transitional examples where they used the old bartacks (the "black flags") with non-selvedge denim. i think those would be from 84 but that doesn't mean yours aren't.

also also, the LVC thread might not be the best place to ask this question. try the thrift thread there are very knowledgable vintage denim folks there (not that there aren't in here tho!)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  16. jojoman2

jojoman2 Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy the LVC Menlo Cossack button up jacket in a medium. I've heard a rumor that the original version of this jacket is unlined. I would particularly be interested in purchasing one of those.

Anyway, sorry to spam this thread with a wanted ad. I am, however, seriously jonzing for one of these superb jackets. Please get in touch with me if you are looking to sell one to fund another purchase.

Thanks!

J

17. Krnome

Krnome New Member

Hello, I want to buy this jacket: LVC - Vintage red wool jacket 1940s. Anybody here who might sell? I'm very interested! Size: Medium or Large

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How accurate are unionmades measurements for LVC? I know they are generally pretty bad but maybe the LVC denim is more on point?

19. jojoman2

jojoman2 Member

What do you guys think of the leather quality of LVC? I have the menlo cossack jacket which says on the tag that it's made of "buffalo leather." I've been trying to figure out whether this means american bison leather or asian water buffalo. Thoughts?

20. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Iv had 3 or 4 of the LVC leathers and all of them were not worth the full ticket priceof $1800 . The styles were great but at those prices u could get a custom leather from a top maker. Not sure of the leather used but it was similar to what u would buy in a mall mostly