1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ShaneB

ShaneB Senior member

Yeah that's why I did to be honest - I'm a 32 waist in LVC, and I bought 32x36, soaked them whilst wearing them, and they shrank to 32x34. I think all this 'size up' stuff is a bit hit and miss.

They measured 16" before wash and they measured 16" after; 16" is a little tight though - 16.5" is better for me; I bought the 32 because I read they should stretch at least an inch in the waist - just wondering how long that normally takes. I mean I can wear them, but they'd be more comfrtoable with a bit room.

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

my 33's remained a 33 after soaking and have now stretched to about a 34. They are easily my best fitting jeans I just wish the denim didn't feel so cheap and flimsy after 1 year of wear

3. ShaneB

ShaneB Senior member

I know what you mean - it's not very heavy denim / doesn't feel very substantial. Apparently the 1955 are 13.75oz.

My Lee 101s feel a bit more substantial than these 47's, though the fit it spot on.

Glad to know yours stretched - If I can stretch mine to a 33 they'll be perfect.

Gonna try and track down a 1966 501 - that's what I'm really after.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The San Francisco Levis store is having 70% off. They had these 1933 marked down from $595 to $178.

[​IMG]

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

^they have any xs type 3s avaialble?

6. randomnoob

randomnoob Senior member

the 33" waist regular Levi's 501 STF selvedge ("Long Day" color on their site) measured about 35" when i got them. when they shrunk, they were then actually 33". which was too big.

do LVC actually measure what they say, so if i buy a 32" it will be 32" when it arrives?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  7. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

If I wear 33" waist in raw 1967 505s would I be the same size in the washed version? And would this apply to all raw vs washed LVC denim? I only have experience with the raws. Thanks!

8. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

^The distressing looks a little too overboard on those jeans for my tastes, but someone else may be able to pull them off.

9. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Hello- Would someone be able to point me to a site or thread on how to identify recent LVC models from the tag? I have not posted or looked at threads in a while so im a bit out of the loop. For example, id love to know the year, model and wash of these LVC from Cultizim, because they are too big and would like to trade/sell. Thanks in advance for any help

[​IMG]

10. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Which LVC 501 model is most suitable for people with athletic big thighs and butt without going all the way to relaxed, baggy fit? Where's the best place to buy LVC online with liberal return policy? I want to try out different sizes for best fit without getting the pressure from salespeople in a store. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  11. rick

rick Senior member

I would say the 1955,1944. Levi's.com now sells lvc or if your in nyc the meat packing store has all lvc

1 person likes this.
  12. GusW

The raw and washed versions measure very differently in LVC. You really need to try them on or have actual measurements rather than go by the pre-washed tag measurements.

13. GusW

Levis online has liberal returns. SO does Mr Porter. AS far as roomy thighs the 1954 is a good cut without the baggy legs of some models.

14. AR0B

AR0B Member

Hey does anyone know about how much the type II jacket will shrink with a hot soak?

15. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with the 30s Menlo jacket? Not the newer reversible run but the black distressed lambskn. Looking at picking one up here soon.

16. Adroit

Adroit Senior member

Ok jacket, but far from stellar. The leather is on the thinner side -- not mall thin, but thin compared to Menlo style jackets made from horse or steer hide. Also somewhat short. I sold mine.

17. AR0B

AR0B Member

Does anyone know how much the type II trucker jacket will shrink?

18. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll still pick one up due to the lower price which I found. I already have a thicker winter jacket, and I think I'll be able to get some use out of.

19. ShaneB

ShaneB Senior member

Adrian, I've had bother the 30s jacket and the 40s jacket - they're both very short - infact, the 40s jacket in a size medium measured a mere 22" on the back. Ridiculously cropped.

I, like the other poster, sold it on - it was just too short.

The quality is okay - the 40s jacket is cowhide, the 30s is sheepskin, which is a little flimsy. They're both made in Italy, by Stewart's, I believe, so the build quality is very good. Most leathers from Italy will be very good quality.

Generally speaking I'd give the LVC leathers a miss because they're really not my bag nowadays - LVC leathers USED to be made by Aero in Scotland, if you can track down one of those then I'd say you're definitely onto a winner - the Aero stuff should at leas be goatskin, which is thicker and far more durable than sheep.

20. borderline

borderline Senior member

One thing I didn't appreciate until recently is if you want to stretch the waist, don't wear a belt.