1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

LVC noob here.

Never owned a pair of raw denim or STF. Which vintage model is best for those who workout and have big muscular thighs? The modern 501 is too slim fitting for me. Even the relaxed fit modern 569 feels "tight" for me around the thighs and not very comfortable.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

2. LAooy

LAooy Member

3. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Where's the best place to try out and buy LVC jean in SoCal?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  4. Adroit

Adroit Senior member

LVC Boutique in Malibu
    American Rag
    What Goes Around Comes Around
    Fred Segal
    Barneys

5. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

I bought a Size Large LVC 1950's heather grey crewneck raglan sleeve sweatshirt from vente privee last month and just picked it up from the post office and it's a full size too large for me.

If anyone wants it (I've exceeded the return window) send me a PM and we can discuss $

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I ordered 8 items from the VP sale, mostly different sizes, and not one thing fit lolol. 32 in. 1954 501s were too tight, 32 and 33 202's were too big, 33 & 32 pantaloons were too big, they sent me two wrong jackets, and the type 3 trucker jacket just looks meh. Love LVC stuff but the sizing is retarded on most items

7. LAooy

LAooy Member

If you're in LA, I'd highly recommend American Rag. The store has all the Levi's selection you can ask for, and overall it's just denim heaven.

The folks who work there are very friendly and knowledgeable too.

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

These look a lot like the 1947 LVC 501XX. SOme '47's seem to run just a bit slimmer than others. these look to be the slimmer ones, perhaps early 47.

1947's are my all around favorite Levis.

1 person likes this.
  9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

That man's old jeans are beat up and torn.

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The SF Levis store had two pairs of '54 501ZXX distressed for sale in the back Sale room, $159 each down from $325 33w x 34L

11. tproc

tproc Active Member

Just got my LVC 1967 505's (distressed, in "Boom Boom" wash) last week.

So far I'm liking them, except the waist is really tight. I probably should have looked up how they fit before buying them since I just bought my usual Levi's size (30). They're about an inch too small in the waist. I can put them on but it's veryh tight and uncomfortable. Will these stretch out? Also, the jeans came with one of those tags that warns you about shrinkage, I don't know if those just come with all LVC's or what, kind of confused me since these jeans are heavily distressed. Will they still shrink after a wash?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  12. kojak1972

kojak1972 New Member

[ATTACHMENT=9242]526e770378438-900x900.jpg (602k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]LOOKING FOR:
    Just bought the LVC Sunset 1920's grey wool blazer/ jacket and am looking for the matching grey wool pants in 38-40" waist. Can someone help out here with a pair or steer me the right way. Much thanks~

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. LAooy

LAooy Member

Can anyone share some experience on denim alteration? Guidelines, recommendations, etc?
    Any Southern Cal folks have shops they recommend for denim alterations?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Is LVC 1967 505 the same fit as mainline Levi 505's?

I don't remember the last time I owned Levis, but at least if they fit the same I can go to macy's or whatever and try on some mainline stuff.
    thanks

15. The Pastoral Utopian

The Pastoral Utopian Active Member

LVC '67 505: "second skin" fit, high rise at the rear, tight at thigh and tapering at calf.
    Current 505: Dad jeans. Low waisted, straight roomy legs.

1 person likes this.
  16. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Occulta

I have found the LVC jeans waist to be more true to size versus the mainstream jeans. So i would wear a 36 in LVC versus a 34 in the mainstream 505 cut. With the mainstream 505 you need to watch the label as you will have 2 different waists - "sits below waist" - newer cut and "sits at waist" older cut we all (or most) grew up with. I am good with the "sits at waist" cut in the mainstream 505 as it is what i have been used to for 35 years. many of the large department stores have a good selection to try on for the mainstream jeans whereas the LVC 1967, 1954 etc may not be found locally.

hope this helps.

17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Thanks guys. That fit sounds horrible for me so I guess I'll pass. But Haven have 2 good washes in that fit for 165CAD that people might be interested in. If it sounded at all like they'd work for me I would definitely have tried them.

18. 00bam

00bam Senior member

i never seen lvc irl but i seen some stuff online...i normally wear 501s in 34x30 my questions are do they even make the washed stuff in 30 inseams? and how much will they shrink in the inseam (the washed stuff not the stf)?

19. accordion

accordion Senior member

Couple questions. Are all LVC 501s unsanforized except for the rinsed versions? I'm looking for a loose or regular tapered jean and found the 54 501 and 66 501 to match that fit, what is the difference between the two fits? Measurements seem to say the 54 is slightly slimmer. Are there any models that fit similar? And finally, is there much difference between the rinsed and rigid versions except the pre-wash? Thanks.

20. Adroit

Adroit Senior member

^ Weak selection -- Past VP LVC sales were much better.