1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I found the 1955 and 1966 to offer the most room in the thigh and still fit my waist. The difference was the that the 1966 has a lower rise, tighter top block, slightly larger thighs, and more taper below the thighs.

Measurements of my 1955 (size 30)

Waist: 32"
    Rise: 12"
    Thigh: 12"

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. gululv

gululv Senior member

Any chance I would be able to find aika jeans resonably prices somewhere online? I think I might try to get another pair of LVC jeans. However, hard with the waist size. I've heard all pre-war + 1955 are good for those with big thighs. I have 1933's and must say they are the jeans I've had that lasted the longest. But I think I need to start sizing up more often, and wear a belt.

3. The National

The National Member

I got a pair from the Vente Privee sale last month and mine is the same way. It kind of bothers me that the seam twists that much on the left side while the right side kind of shifts towards the back. I wonder why they were designed this way.

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Leg twist happens because of the warp/direction of the twill and how this reacts to the shrinking of the jeans. Modern techniques have eliminated leg twist, but in repro jeans its seen as more authentic and is sometimes desired

5. The National

The National Member

Thanks for the explanation as it makes a lot more sense now. I've never bought a pair of repros before so I wasn't expecting it.

6. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

hey guys,
    if anyone is selling one of the LVC crewneck sweatshirts in size S please get in touch. i am looking to buy
    thanks!

7. johnkagaku

johnkagaku New Member

501 which are wide in the thigh: The 1978 LVC 501's have most room in the thigh and in the top block, they are roomier than the 1955s and the 1966s (are as wide as the 1933s). But the rise is low, somewhat lower than the 66s. Leg opening is like the 66s - so the are rather taperd.

8. Chubbs

Chubbs Senior member

I'm going to order a few different sizes in the 55s and 47s so I can see what I should go with. Whats the consensus on shrinkage and then stretch? How much should I expect in the waist and thighs?

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Anyone have a pic of the 1936 jacket in real life...?

Thanks.

10. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

do any of you guys do the 605 rigid/raw? or is it mostly avoided because its not selvedge?

11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Looking for some advice on how to handle a new, unwashed 1936 raw denim jacket that I just got. I am very new to raw denim. Should I wash and dry? (There is room for shrinkage...) Wash and not dry? "Soak" (I've seen something about that) but not wash?

Open to suggestions...

Thanks.

12. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

If its new should have a tag with instructions

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

FYI, believe there will be an LVC Sample sale in Manhattan Thursday and Friday

14. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Lots of tags, but no instructions... Any help appreciated...

15. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

If its the type 1 unsanforized id at least soak it like you would denim

16. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Heads up for Westside LA people.

Rufcut Denim on Sawtelle just north of Olympic.

Expert repairs, chain stitch hems $ 25.00, tapering, custom jeans, etc.

Small shop but pretty impressive.

17. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Senior member

if it's the 1936 LVC 506XX Type I jacket (front pleats, one front pocket) then it's unsanforized and you should do a hot soak to shrink it down. easiest thing to do is just fill up a tub with hot water and leave the jacket submerged for 30-45 minutes and then let it hang dry.

18. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Thanks!

19. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

meh

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  20. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I'm interested in pics of the 1936 jacket as well.

Dropped by the Levi's Plaza along San Francisco's Embarcadero the other day and they've just put on display a killer pair of old miner's jeans from around the 20s. The original owner had self-reinforced them all over with bits and scraps of denim, covering the entire jeans with patches. The jeans were totally faded and pretty trashed, but the archivists determined that beneath all the reinforcements the original jeans were completely intact. I'll take a photo next time I'm down there.

BTW, if anyone is looking for some raw 1966's I have a barely worn pair up in the marketplace for a good price. I need to move them so make offers.