1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

anyone actually wash his 551Zs?

on oipolloi's site it says you should dry clean only since the fabric is shrink to fit but in doing so it will fuck up the zipper and it will be all jacked up?

2. robbie

robbie Senior member

do the lvc pieces have copper rivets?

you mentioned it buggering up the zipper , dry cleaning would probably not be the best on the copper and might discolor the denim at points of strain.

3. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

on oipolloi's site it says you should dry clean only since the fabric is shrink to fit but in doing so it will fuck up the zipper and it will be all jacked up?

I can't speak for the 551Zs, but I owned a pair of Samurai 505s before and they had a zipper with unsanforized and after I soaked/washed them the zipper still worked fine. It just may not zip as fast as it did because you start to get a little curving of the zipper teeth along the fabric.

4. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Ok, i'm going to get some slack for this and go against the grain here.. but personally for me, I don't see the appeal of wearing a pair of jeans anywhere near that dirty.

i think that's pretty gross as well

5. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

"dirty?" Those bad boys just came out of the wash.

i think that's pretty gross as well

6. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

I've washed mny zipper Lees which were supposedly Sanforized - but shrank. They were fine. Wash them cold and make sure the zipper is up when you wash them and I don't think it will buckle too much.

7. Shorty Long

FYI - I have a brand new pair of raw 1944 501s for sale below retail. See my sig below for link.

8. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

Real men do work that makes their clothes dirty, real men stink of cigars and whiskey. The appeal is not being a dainty pussy.

9. JOA

JOA Senior member

Anyone have those 1915 LVCs that Cultizm is carrying?

They look really great.

10. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Right now I'm looking at a pair of LVC 1944 501's and I'm having trouble which size to get with these. My Crate Route's in size 33 are a perfect fit for me if that could be a reference point. The measurements are the same minus the higher rise on the 501's. Should I get the 34's in the 1944s?

11. Shorty Long

Yes...I've soaked mine and now I'm just waiting for my suspenders to arrive in the mail so I can wear them proper. here they are post-soak... [​IMG]
    Anyone have those 1915 LVCs that Cultizm is carrying? They look really great.

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

How should I go about sizing the 1947 501's or 1967 505s for a slim new standard type fit.

13. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Fear not I will be carrying LVC for spring 10 when everything launches again in the states.

I will start with the first jean made buy levis and go up to the newest 501.
    Europe/Japan has always have a bigger interest in Levis than the states that's why the LVC division was moved to brussels.
    If you have any questions about the spring 10 collection check my blog in a couple weeks
    http://blog.shopfarinellis.com
    I will have some sick ass pics for you with a little history lesson.
    Best,
    Mauro

14. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Fear not I will be carrying LVC for spring 10 when everything launches again in the states.

I will start with the first jean made buy levis and go up to the newest 501.
    Europe/Japan has always have a bigger interest in Levis than the states that's why the LVC division was moved to brussels.
    If you have any questions about the spring 10 collection check my blog in a couple weeks
    http://blog.shopfarinellis.com
    I will have some sick ass pics for you with a little history lesson.
    Best,
    Mauro

Very interesting. Know if you'll be carrying the 1944s?

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Are both the 1947 501s and 1967 505s raw?
    How do these run?

16. theom-

theom- Senior member

the 505's are sanforized i believe. 505's bit smaller than tagged and the fit is slim. Curious about the rise though.

17. JOA

JOA Senior member

Are both the 1947 501s and 1967 505s raw?
    How do these run?

'47s are raw shrink-to-fit and run true to size (pre-soak). My '47s are tagged 34x36 (I'm a 33 or 34 waist) and, after two washes in 9 months, now measure about 33.25 in the waist.

18. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

How about the LVC 517's? Anyone know where one can procure a pair of these?

I have a pair that are slightly too big in the waist and I've been looking for a pair of 30 or 31 waist for months now with no luck. They aren't selvage so I guess that turns a lot of people off around here, but they're made with beautiful denim nonetheless.

Where the hell can I get these?

19. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

the 505's are sanforized i believe. 505's bit smaller than tagged and the fit is slim. Curious about the rise though.

Wrong, the 505's are true to size; the rise is medium (like 10.5); have you ever actually had these jeans?

20. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What is the slimmer of the 1947 501s and 1967 505s?