• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
^ I think it only shrinks 2

I'm 6' 2" and I've never, ever had a pair of STF regular or LVC shrink only 2", it has always been 3-4 depending upon the weave and weight of the denim.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^what does that matter? Sooner or later you will wash them anyway. I have several pairs of lvc that were 36" long when raw, and not perhaps 32". Doest bother me though, I wear them short with a small cuff.

me32

Reaction score
Hello

I recently purchased a the knappave jeans celerbration pack. There shorts but come complete with the cut off legs bag and a bandana. I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of value these are worth?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by me32
Hello

I recently purchased a the knappave jeans celerbration pack. There shorts but come complete with the cut off legs bag and a bandana. I was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of value these are worth?

Those are wild! Here is a link to a pic. It shows them numbered in a series of only 210.

http://showyourdemin.blogspot.com/20...ave-1880s.html

Seems that a collector might like them.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Hello

These were on sale at considerably below retail, obviously they're a little hard to wear... I know of one person who bought them cheap and planned to sew the cutoff legs back on to make a conventional Knappave. So I don't think they're the most collectible of the special editions - but you never know!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
I know of one person who bought them cheap and planned to sew the cutoff legs back on to make a conventional Knappave.

Good idea!. As I've mentioned before, the Levis shop in SF has a tailoring department that does custom work and repairs. It might be fun to see how they would sew them back together, maybe adding some interesting patches or darning? I like that they use actual Levis cotton thread and have a variety of older denim material for patches.

That reminds me, I need to pick up my newly patched 1955's from them.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
Thanks Simon! Many of the choice items went to an LVC nut friend in SF and otehrs (at cost I hasten to add) but I kept a nice pair of Lot 66, which I've always wanted - great knackered pants for the summer - and the striped shirt, which is now one of my favourite items.

It's the best LVC sample sale I've seen in seven or eight years... I can't justify getting much more denim for me, but it's fun to spread it around. You can't go to these things with anything specific in mind - which is why roy6 was so lucky to get those wonderful and incredibly rare Balloons. PM me with your emails so I can record your tastes in case there's every another one!

Thank you very much for the offer, Paul.

But in truth I need to downsize my wardrobe heavily, which is why I may need to list some good LVC's soon...

me32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Those are wild! Here is a link to a pic. It shows them numbered in a series of only 210.

http://showyourdemin.blogspot.com/20...ave-1880s.html

Seems that a collector might like them.

Yeah there them. I got two pairs one for myself. When there turned up they look excellent. Just was trying to figure out if to sell the other pair or not and if so who to. Would ebay be the best place? Unfortunatly im not in the US so no where near San Fran to get the legs put back on. They would indeed then look amazing!

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Yeah there them. I got two pairs one for myself. When there turned up they look excellent. Just was trying to figure out if to sell the other pair or not and if so who to. Would ebay be the best place? Unfortunatly im not in the US so no where near San Fran to get the legs put back on. They would indeed then look amazing!

You don't have to be anywhere near the Levi's repair/tailor shop. The repairs they did were crude - with all due respect Pocketsquareguy - so you could easily have the legs fixed at a descent tailor near you.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
The repairs they did were crude - with all due respect Pocketsquareguy -

That was what I asked for. I wanted something a bit funky. But they can do classic patches and seam work as well as darning.

mfrege

Reaction score
LVC on Gilt on Monday. Has it ever been, and, if so, is it typically good?

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Does anyone know someone of influence that works a Levis on LVC? If so, PM me. I want to contact them about bringing back 38" and 40" inseam on raw denim models.

If you are over 6' tall you probably need a 34" after shrinking right? Most shrink 4 so a 38 or 40 is needed especially if you want to roll a cuff."

I was wondering about this again the other day... LVC in a 34" inseam post-soak leaves you with only ~31-32", effectively eliminating half your market, i.e. males over 6' or so. If it is purely a marketing decision it seems pretty short sighted.

I am tall and wear Levi's STF in tagged 38 and 40 inseams as well as a number of japanese repros that come with a 39" raw inseam. After washing these all end up between 35-37". Granted, I am a bit of an outlier, but having a 36" inseam option (38-40" raw) would accommodate anyone over 6'1" who likes to cuff, which seems like a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by Harbin
how long do you soak for?

I warm soaked a pair of regular $39 indigo STF size 35x40 for 30 min a couple of days ago and after hanging to dry they went from 39.75" to 37". That's with no agitation and no dryer heat, which will eventually trim another 1/2" in my experience.

I'm not sure if LVC shrinks as much as regular STF, but I get 3" shrinkage out of heavier weight Momotaro, Samurai and Warehouse denim as well.

Originally Posted by mfrege
LVC on Gilt on Monday. Has it ever been, and, if so, is it typically good?

Note to LVC: if you made longer inseams your products would never make it to Gilt sales because I would buy it all
laugh.gif

geezluiz1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Islander

I'm not sure if LVC shrinks as much as regular STF, but I get 3" shrinkage out of heavier weight Momotaro, Samurai and Warehouse denim as well.

Note to LVC: if you made longer inseams your products would never make it to Gilt sales because I would buy it all
laugh.gif

These LVC 201's I'm selling are tagged 40" for in the inseam, but because they are a one-wash, they shrank down to a 37" inseam. They will possibly shrink to a 35-36" inseam after several more washes.

back.jpg

fullback.jpg

If anyone is interested in purchasing these, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads