1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. josh c

josh c New Member

thank you.

not looking for a snug fit, if anything I could live with a bit looser than how the 34" fit me pre shrink.

do you think sizing up to 36" would be rediculously big, or just a bit loose in the waist, something a belt could easily handle? or am I just out of luck that they don't make a 35?

thanks again.

Josh

2. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, curious about experiences with non-denim LVC. Prices on t-shirts and buttondowns are ridiculously expensive - are they produced domestically? Are people generally satisfied with their purchases? I read the last 10-15 pages of the thread and didn't find much. There was one photo of the '20s white henley that looks nice but that's about it. Unionmade, etc. sell a lot of LVC that looks nice but the fit would have to be perfect to justify paying $95 for a t-shirt, $215 for a buttondown, $300 for a jacket.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

This is a good question, and I was wondering the same myself. I'll have an answer for you regarding the '60s tee sometime next week, as I finally decided to pull the trigger on one from Unionmade after much hemming and hawing.

Stay tuned…

4. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

only the white t-shirts (although not ALL white t-shirts) and the "deadstock" or "rigid" sunset chambray and the "deadstock" or "rigid" shorthorn are made in the usa as far as I know.

I own the sunset chambray and really want the long-sleeve white sunset henley, but, beyond that, nothing from the non-denim range really does it for me, especially given the high retail prices

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I've bought a few of the 1960's striped tees. Quality is great, vintage feel for sure. I sized "up" to medium, but I'm sort of between sizes now as I've been hitting the gym. Small fit me but a bit too tight and short in the arms.

Love them though. I'm gonna try out a 1950's sportswear tee again. The sleeves on those are weird and don't work for everyone but I've bulked up a bit so I'm hoping it will.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Good to see Shorty back on the board -

7. chanakit

chanakit Well-Known Member

8. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The gumbo wash is on sale at mrporter, though its probably long sold out by now. The wash is more like a mix between the two sites selling it. The contrast levels on the tresbien are much higher than in reality, and the cultizm is a little flat and dull. Haven has a pretty accurate color of the jean: http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/1967-505-0217-gumbo

If you are looking for washed jeans, LVC or RRL are great, APC doesn't have the best washed jeans. It all boils down to fit, and for me most of the RRL jeans have huge pockets which make the ass look baggy.

9. chanakit

chanakit Well-Known Member

And then i'm not familiar with LVC how to choose the size

i wear APC and RRL in 28 in straight leg and tapper leg in 29

10. El Argentino

Measure self.

Measure jeans.

Buy what fits.

11. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Sizing is as follows

1947 501- True to size
    1954 501- True to size
    1967 505- Size 1-2 up depending on how big your legs are

True to size is relative though. For example, 501's (both 1954 and 1947) size 32 measure around 15.5-16 at the waist depending on the wash. This makes it fit more like a tagged 31, however outside of the waistband the jean fits like a 32 assuming you can squeeze into the waist which will likely stretch.

12. El Argentino

This is true, as long as you're buying recent seasons. Earlier deadstock groups will be sized differently. When I first bought '47s you had to size up because they were undersized.

13. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

This is very helpful. Thanks. Just would like to hear from maybe one more source on this. I'm interested in the 1967 505 Joey wash at TBS (since the price is killer). I'd love to know I won't have to end up exchanging across the pond. I'm a 32 in the 1947 501 Rough rinse. Will a 33 in the 505 do? I have pretty decent sized thighs. Is the 505 fit not something I should be considering?

14. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

33 or 34. I can normally do a 32 in lvc or levis but sized up to 34 on the gumbos. I have the package waiting for me at home, and will update with how it fits later tonight.

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

I'd also add that the 1960 605's fit about one size smaller than tagged (at least in the waist, the rest seems to fit quite slim but TTS).

Related to that...Anyone know of shops that stock washed versions of the 605? (other than mr porter and unionmade)

16. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

Crazy...we've had a bunch of guys come in and try on 1947 501s and pretty much all of them decided to size up. And these guys ran the gamut of "average" build, short & skinny, tall & muscular and everything in between. Who knows, maybe the guys we had come in just can't get over that initial tight around the waist phase. Are you fellas accounting for assumed shrinkage post-wash or soak?

17. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The conversation started from a discussion about the washed denim. For raws, definitely sizing up. Washed tts is usually fine - no?

18. El Argentino

Personally, I went TTS in the raws and they were fine... :embar:

19. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Got my stuff in today. Sized up one on the 1954 501z, fit is perfect. Sized up two (1ish tag really) on the 1967 505 and it fits fine, maybe a tad big in the waist.

20. El Argentino

This is good to know as I determined my next LVC is the '54 501z. How is the cut overall compared to the '47?