***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

SOS online in the UK have some LVC in their sale now, grabbed a 505 Raw for £85 today reduced from £145 - it was labelled 1967 501 but there isn't a 501 is there from this year and a photo on site had a 505 tag.

Very happy as was about to buy these full retail anyway!

2. entrero

entrero Senior member

^Do if you want weird baggy knees. Another option is just soak them warm in a tub for 3 hours, hang dry and wear the next day. Will be tight and stiff and first, but quickly stretch out.

LVC uses quality denim. Baggy knees are signs of shitty denim

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

have two lvc's for sale: 1947 501xx deadstock and 1919 springbottoms

4. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Agree, that's a really good pre-soak fit. They'll be really nice after a hot/warm soak, post pics!

Thanks. I did end up keeping them so I'll update w/pics soon.

I couldn't believe how much starch leaked out of these things during soaking (gave them a lukewarm followed by a very hot, hung dry both times). Still plenty stiff so I set creases and have just been wearing for several days. Perhaps not as 'slim' (using that term relatively) as I was shooting for but this may turn out to be a happy accident, as I'm falling in love with the roomy, comfortable fit. They shrunk a full 2.5" in both the waist and inseam but I think there may yet be a bit more shrink in them.

I have a lot of 'nicer' jeans but I'm already having a lot of fun wearing LVC. I particularly like the vibe of these '55 and they're just a joy to wear. I'll prob roll with them as is over the summer and see where they're at in late july or august.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

LVC uses quality denim. Baggy knees are signs of shitty denim

So, quality denim wont stretch if worn damp? Sounds unlikely.

Oh wait, I have 4 pairs of lvc, the oldest around 5 years, I know how raw denim behaves.

6. entrero

entrero Senior member

I didn't say it won't stretch. Let's say compared to APC, you'll know how horrendous knee bulges can be.

7. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Thanks. I did end up keeping them so I'll update w/pics soon.

I couldn't believe how much starch leaked out of these things during soaking (gave them a lukewarm followed by a very hot, hung dry both times). Still plenty stiff so I set creases and have just been wearing for several days. Perhaps not as 'slim' (using that term relatively) as I was shooting for but this may turn out to be a happy accident, as I'm falling in love with the roomy, comfortable fit. They shrunk a full 2.5" in both the waist and inseam but I think there may yet be a bit more shrink in them.

I have a lot of 'nicer' jeans but I'm already having a lot of fun wearing LVC. I particularly like the vibe of these '55 and they're just a joy to wear. I'll prob roll with them as is over the summer and see where they're at in late july or august.

I have a pair of really old 55's and for some reason they have just stayed in my wardrobe and I like to give them a spin now and then.

A couple of months ago I was wearing them a lot and I had a small accident, which meant I had to wash them, which wasn't a problem as they had been washed and soaked a couple of times. But this time they really shrank a lot and they went from being a loose/regular cut to a more regular/slim cut.
    I hate to say this, as I usually prefer a slimmer cut (501Z '54), but I really loved them before when they had a more baggy or anti-fit cut. But hey, your jeans change and so do you and I can always get another pair of '55s.

I could afford way better denim than LVC, but I only wear LVC. I like the iconography of Levis, I guess.

8. me32

me32 Member

Hello everyone im very new to to the LEvis vintage stuff as I was usually a massive Evisu fan! I recently got a great pair of 1947 501's which I love and managed to get a some shorts! There the LVC Knappava 1880's waist overall celebration pack they are amazing, was wondering if anyone else has them and what they thought.

9. rick

rick Senior member

took a trip down to the lvc store in nyc in the meatpacking district, picked up the 1966, great jean sized down to a 36 my waist is a 38. worth the trip, i spoke to robert who is an expert on lvc, we spoke for about an hour on all the models. i highly recomend. will post pics soon.

10. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

What are prices like on the LVCs there?

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have 3 pairs of 1947 501XX that have been well worn and are in need of some repairs. About 5-6 years ago I went to the Levis SF store and in the basement they have a tailor shop. They will do any repairs or customizing that you want. I was going to have them darn one pair, patch one pair with some LVC denim scraps I have and then repair the front pocket holes on the third.

Has anyone had anything done at Levis that was especially interesting? If so, PM me or post pics will you?

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

BNWT LVC 1947s, tagged 34x36 in my sig.

13. rick

rick Senior member

What are prices like on the LVCs there?

$250

14. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a sizing question. I haven't bought LVC in 5-6 years. (I had stocked up with about 15 assorted pairs). They no longer make a 38 or 40 inseam on the STF. What length works for a true 34" inseam after cold washings? I would hate to buy a 36 inseam and end up with a 33 or 32.......

I'm a true 34.5-35 waist and 34 inseam without a cuff.

Anyone else this size. What size do you buy and in what model?

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I have a sizing question. I haven't bought LVC in 5-6 years. (I had stocked up with about 15 assorted pairs). They no longer make a 38 or 40 inseam on the STF. What length works for a true 34" inseam after cold washings? I would hate to buy a 36 inseam and end up with a 33 or 32.......

I'm a true 34.5-35 waist and 34 inseam without a cuff.

Anyone else this size. What size do you buy and in what model?

A pair of '47 501s I got from cultizm last year would work perfect. Measured 35" waist, 36 inseam. With a cold soak it would've been perfect for you.