1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

For all of you who would like longer LVC inseams..... Here is the link to Levis customer service. Please click on it and write a brief email to ask for the return of 38" and 40" inseams. http://www.levistrauss.com/about/help-contact-us/usa# Lets see if we can't make this happen.

2. Islander

Islander Senior member

I sent them a note. I guess it can't hurt, but below help/contact us I saw this:

"Do you accept outside product or marketing ideas?
    Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited submissions for new product and marketing ideas. While we appreciate individual’s creativity and interest, we have a staff of professionals dedicated exclusively to creating and marketing products that reach our consumers in the most effective manner possible."

How tall are you, psg?

3. GusW

That is a typical disclaimer that most creative companies have because they don't want you to submit design ideas and expect to get paid or to try sue them for using your ideas.

Asking for longer inseams is more a customer service matter and responding to consumer needs.

I may ask a few retailers to write to them as well. That may have more impact.

I'm 6' 2". I need a 34.5 inseam or longer if I want to roll my cuff. I have a number of LVC with 40 inseams that shrunk to 34.5 or 35" on just a cold wash and air dry.

I used to find 40" inseams on EBay but not for a long, long time now.

If anyone has 36 x 40 LVC and wants to sell or trade let me know. Thanks!

I sent them a note. I guess it can't hurt, but below help/contact us I saw this:

"Do you accept outside product or marketing ideas?
    Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited submissions for new product and marketing ideas. While we appreciate individual's creativity and interest, we have a staff of professionals dedicated exclusively to creating and marketing products that reach our consumers in the most effective manner possible."

How tall are you, psg?

4. mfrege

mfrege Senior member

Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited submissions for new product and marketing ideas.

I clicked psg's link with good intentions but then I got selfish and decided to tell them to scrap the 55' sawtooth denim western and bring back the 1930s longhorn western. I hope they listen, but I don't think so. They seem fixated on peddling the sawtooth.

5. Islander

Islander Senior member

I'm 6'5" and need a 36-7" inseam if I want to roll my cuff. Some of the Japanese repros fit me well but they tend to have a much lower rise and are often too slim in the thighs (Samurai S710XX, WH 660) and/or too wide a leg opening.

My favourite fit is still the STF 501s in 36x40 (or sized down one to 35x40) and I wish I could find LVC in these sizes. Let me know if you ever find anything. Thanks!

6. Islander

Islander Senior member

PSA, there's a bunch of LVC on sale at CHCM

7. GusW

PSA, there's a bunch of LVC on sale at CHCM

The 1967 505 are very nice. I have a pair and I have to say a zipper is handy sometimes [​IMG]

8. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

9. poorman

poorman Senior member

Who has the LVC Sawtooth shirt for less than $125?

10. GusW

2004 LVC 501XX 1955. I wear these as my go-to pants for working in the yard, landscaping and home projects. Because of that they get very dirty and washed about every other wearing. I went to the San Francisco Levis store and asked the Levis tailor to mend them with scraps of vintage style LVC material and hand sewing. He used red and white gingham, duck canvas and selvedge denim scrapes along with thick all cotton indigo and natural colored thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

In-store sale alert for Cinch, Newburgh Street, London. Starts tomorrow.

Some LVC models are being discontinued, notably the 1915 - which many consider a highlight of their range with some of the best fabric of any LVC (or other cinchback). THey'll be half price, £110, so definitely worth turning up for - could be years until they're reintroduced.

12. JOA

JOA Senior member

Don't remember this being addressed anywhere, so feel free to point me in the right direction if I'm wrong...

Where (specifically) in the USA are LVC models made (47s, 66s, etc.)?

13. rick

rick Senior member

Don't remember this being addressed anywhere, so feel free to point me in the right direction if I'm wrong...

Where (specifically) in the USA are LVC models made (47s, 66s, etc.)?

(cone mills) north carolina

14. entrero

entrero Senior member

15. JOA

JOA Senior member

(cone mills) north carolina

That's where the denim itself comes from, but I'm pretty sure the assembly takes place in a factory outside of NC.

16. robbie

robbie Senior member

Pretty sure i've heard/read the domestic production for most Levis/LVC is somewhere in or around LA.

17. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

That's where the denim itself comes from, but I'm pretty sure the assembly takes place in a factory outside of NC.
    You're thinking of Taylor Togs, who also made jeans for other upmarket brands, but sadly closed down around four years ago. Cone Mills still supply denim for the models from 1915 on, with Kurabo the main source for 1800s models, and Kaihara for Sanforized. As Robbie mentioned, LVC dry items (bar the 505) are sewn around LA. IIRC the ones bearing the stamp 233M and possibly others are made by Caitac Garment Processing in Gardena, Ca. I suspect they are now using other LA factories as well, as the company as a whole is trying to make (on a contract basis) more product in the US.

18. JOA

JOA Senior member

Exactly the information I needed. Thanks.

19. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

anyone got any pics of some 501xx 1954's?

20. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Anyone hear suggest sizing down on the 501 1954? I bought them in a size 34, and they fit great, but the 33 isn't to shabby intself ( a little snug). Just curious how much they'll strech out after initial wash. I hear it will just return to original waist size. This true?