***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. sharks9022

sharks9022 Senior member

From Manufactum for anyone who doesn't know...

A word on the special Levi's cut and the little ceremony that goes with it.
    The cut made a virtue of necessity - the post-war shortage of cloth. It became famous for its narrowness, which made it seem almost like a second skin and which gave it its special appeal to younger generations. But be careful - this original denim is not stone-washed or shrunk in any other way. Before you wear these trousers you have to go through a short, figure-enhancing ceremony. This ceremony could take a variety of forms, but by far the best way to get our 501XX to fit is just to sit in the bath for 10 minutes - we mean of course a bath filled with warm water and with you wearing the trousers. They then shrink on you - skin-tight.
    A note on size:

501XX trousers are not pre-washed. They shrink. You must definitely order them two sizes larger in width and at least three sizes larger in length than usual, if you want them to fit properly after the first couple of washes. Example: If your usual jeans size is W 30 / L 31 you must order the 501XX in W32 / L 34. Please state length in inches when ordering, as under:
    Width 33 / Length 34 or 36;
    Width 34 / Length 34 or 36;
    Width 36 / Length 34 or 36;
    Width 38 / Length 36 or 38;
    Width 40 / Length 36.

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

pre-washed jeans doest shrink.

3. sharks9022

sharks9022 Senior member

[​IMG]

4. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Do they not make the '55 in 36x38? A 36 inseam if shrunk to 33 wont leave much for cuffing, and I only really like the '55 cuffed (double-cuffed, actually).

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

[​IMG]

So, your post about LVC shrinking was not an answer to the post directly before it, asking about lvc shrinking?[​IMG]

6. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

From Manufactum for anyone who doesn't know... A word on the special Levi's cut and the little ceremony that goes with it. The cut made a virtue of necessity – the post-war shortage of cloth. It became famous for its narrowness, which made it seem almost like a second skin and which gave it its special appeal to younger generations. ... blah blah blah A note on size: 501XX trousers are not pre-washed. They shrink. You must definitely order them two sizes larger in width and at least three sizes larger in length than usual, if you want them to fit properly after the first couple of washes. Example: If your usual jeans size is W 30 / L 31 you must order the 501XX in W32 / L 34. Please state length in inches when ordering, as under: Width 33 / Length 34 or 36; Width 34 / Length 34 or 36; Width 36 / Length 34 or 36; Width 38 / Length 36 or 38; Width 40 / Length 36.
    Please. Read the link I posted before . That information from Manufactum is completely useless. You have to ignore the tag size and go by actual, measured size! The thread linked before gives actual sizes for 2010 production, but it's best to check with your retailer. Normally sizing up one inch is better as it allows for some stretching. Buy your actual waist size in the 1955 (which has generous thighs etc) and the 1920s 201 (which doesn't shrink). And prewashed & distressed jeans, of course, don't shrink.

7. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

pre-washed jeans doest shrink.

And prewashed & distressed jeans, of course, don't shrink.

Thanks to some muddy paws from the dog park I had to wash them last night...and they did shrink up in length by about .75"-1".

8. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Distressed jeans can shrink sometimes, but they will most likely stretch right back out. At least they won't shrink in any amount that one would need to worry about.

But remember that LVC shrinks FROM tagged size, not TO tagged size. But occasionally, as Pablo-T has pointed out numerous times, LVC will be slightly oversized.

9. frenchgirl

frenchgirl New Member

10. Simontuntelder

Hey,
    Today I bought those jeans for 19€ :
    http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3904/photo0346k.jpg
    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/126/photo0345e.jpg
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8484/photo0344g.jpg
    And that's very cheap. So I'd like to know if they're real or an imitation.
    If some of you know that, please tell me.
    Thank you !

PS: sorry if I should've posted this on another thread, I don't know which one

Wrong thread [​IMG] These jeans aren't LVC jeans. And probably not even worth the 20 euros.

11. frenchgirl

frenchgirl New Member

Ok sorry I didn't know it was the wrong thread...
    So if I understood it was a con ?
    I thought they were real Levi's because it was written "95€" crossed on the tag, with "19€" next to it, and it seemed to be real too...
    On the photo, the tag is cut but it's because I wanted to offer it to my mum so I didn't want her to see the price, it was not when I bought it.
    But I believe you, and I'm just gutted now..
    Thank you anyway [​IMG]

12. Simontuntelder

No, they are probably legit/authentic regular Levis.

13. frenchgirl

frenchgirl New Member

Oh yeah I'm sorry I had forgotten to tell you that I wanted to know if there were authentic Levis, not Vintage clothings. The thing is, there is no "leather logo" (I'm sorry I don't know how to say that in english, but it looks like a leather logo..) on the back, and I thought there was one on every Levis jeans. We can see that in this photo: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/126/photo0345e.jpg So my last question is (I'm sorry I hope I'm not bothering you :/ ) if it can be an authentic Levis even if there is no logo ? Thank you very much mate.

14. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I tried a pair of washed Levis 511 Slim jeans in size 31 a few weeks ago. They were a tad too small for me. A 32 probably would have been the better choice...

Now I'm interested in a pair of LVC 1955 501 Pitchfork jeans ( http://www.thethreethreads.com/shop/...pitchfork_wash ) and wonder if the sizing is idenctical to Levis' standard line ? How do they compare ? Should I go with a 32 here as well ?

15. Simontuntelder

Tee, try out the 501zxx in raw instead.

I have nothing against pre-faded jeans, but nothing beats fading them yourself. If you are too lazy to do so, then there are some washed 501z's floating around.