***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Closing Valencia St is just... Biggest fail...

Workers is also putting out some really interesting stuff which isn't only 50's replicas.

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Wow, fuck that guy. Had me actually super worried, although I didn't cry, because it would have made my APCs get wet and the combs have set yet [​IMG]

So, where can I see LVC in person? I live in Philly, but go up to NYC every month or so.

Flight Bird - LVC is available at Farinellis, BlackbirdBallard (in Brooklyn), and a few other online blog-style shops, but if you an wait, our girl Elisa at Sugarcube in Old City Philly will be getting them soon. She'll have '44, '47 and '66 cuts. And a big display planned.

I've also been told by Levis staff in NY that LVC wasn't available. But most of them hadn't even heard of it. At the SoHo flagship store no less [​IMG]

Being a denimhead, I can tell you that many of the Japanese brands are 'repro' to a point, but almost all of them tweaked various aspects of the 501 cut to resolve some of the 'anti-fit' issues. The LVCs are still the best way to go if you want a true repro. Otherwise, FH, Warehouse, SDA, Eternal - they're all amazing denim and fits but vary greatly in interpretation of the 501.

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I admit I"m probably biased in favour of the US article, because I hear so much BS about Japanese jeans, from how they're made on "old LEvi's looms" to how Zimbabwe cotton is "long staple."

We can discuss this later in a back alley, friend... [​IMG]

4. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

Flight Bird - LVC is available at Farinellis, BlackbirdBallard (in Brooklyn), and a few other online blog-style shops, but if you an wait, our girl Elisa at Sugarcube in Old City Philly will be getting them soon. She'll have '44, '47 and '66 cuts. And a big display planned. I've also been told by Levis staff in NY that LVC wasn't available. But most of them hadn't even heard of it. At the SoHo flagship store no less [​IMG] Being a denimhead, I can tell you that many of the Japanese brands are 'repro' to a point, but almost all of them tweaked various aspects of the 501 cut to resolve some of the 'anti-fit' issues. The LVCs are still the best way to go if you want a true repro. Otherwise, FH, Warehouse, SDA, Eternal - they're all amazing denim and fits but vary greatly in interpretation of the 501.
    I heard that Sugarcube was getting it, but I called up and asked what they were getting and the guy didn't know, thus I was worried it was only non-denim clothing. But yeah, I adore Sugarcube [​IMG] specially cause they're the only ones that carry APC in Philly aswell! Oh, and care to list the other "blog-style" stores that I can order them from?

5. Simontuntelder

We can discuss this later in a back alley, friend... [​IMG]

What?! [​IMG]

6. Dom

Dom Member

Flight Bird - LVC is available at Farinellis, BlackbirdBallard (in Brooklyn), and a few other online blog-style shops, but if you an wait, our girl Elisa at Sugarcube in Old City Philly will be getting them soon. She'll have '44, '47 and '66 cuts. And a big display planned.

I've also been told by Levis staff in NY that LVC wasn't available. But most of them hadn't even heard of it. At the SoHo flagship store no less [​IMG]

Being a denimhead, I can tell you that many of the Japanese brands are 'repro' to a point, but almost all of them tweaked various aspects of the 501 cut to resolve some of the 'anti-fit' issues. The LVCs are still the best way to go if you want a true repro. Otherwise, FH, Warehouse, SDA, Eternal - they're all amazing denim and fits but vary greatly in interpretation of the 501.

Blackbird is Seattle...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/blackbird-seattle
    http://www.blackbirdballard.com/customercare.html

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

not really the right thread but there are some deadstock usa made stfs in my size on ebay right now

i kind of want a pair even if $135 shipped is a little ridiculous

8. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

not really the right thread but there are some deadstock usa made stfs in my size on ebay right now

i kind of want a pair even if $135 shipped is a little ridiculous

THey were great for $39 from Canal jeans. But $135? Remember, these are ring/OE denim, too.

9. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Are the new model 1947's cut fuller than previous seasons? I know the undersized waist issue has been corrected but all the measurements I've seen of the new version have a longer front and back rise and slightly fuller thigh than the older undersized version.

10. josh mullen

josh mullen Well-Known Member

i've had several pairs of 47s, and currently have a pair from this season -- yes, the cut is fuller and def. more acurate. also, and it may just be me, but i feel like the back pockets are larger on these ones and thus closer to authentic 47s. in addition to these modifications, the denim is much nicer.

11. modual

modual Senior member

i've had several pairs of 47s, and currently have a pair from this season -- yes, the cut is fuller and def. more acurate. also, and it may just be me, but i feel like the back pockets are larger on these ones and thus closer to authentic 47s. in addition to these modifications, the denim is much nicer.

So are this seasons 47's true to size or still undersized ? Measurements i'm finding online seem to indicate they are still undersized [​IMG]

12. Simontuntelder

In a perfect world the LVC thread would be about something else besides sizing advice on the '47.

Ah, I guess I should contribute with some pics of my small collection. I will probably do so once I find the time soon.

13. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

So are this seasons 47's true to size or still undersized ? Measurements i'm finding online seem to indicate they are still undersized [​IMG]

If they're undersized, they're old stock. Current 47 are TTS (the 55 and 15 are oversized)

14. josh mullen

josh mullen Well-Known Member

as paul has stated, the current 47s are tts -- there has been some confusion regarding the sizing on the new 47s because of the way cultizm measures waists. as others have said, they do not line up the waist BIG-style, but rather lay them flat and measure. this method will yield a figure 1" smaller than the BIG method would. for example, they'll tell you that the 15s are 2" larger than tagged. from what i have read, they actually measure 3" larger.
    anyhow, my new 47s --size 38-- measured a touch over 38 pre-soak and were down to about 35" after a couple extremely hot soaks.

15. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member