• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of 1947 501's... Size 32x36. Can't wait till they arrive.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is that LVC's are very itchy and rough after soak?

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
Is it me or is that LVC's are very itchy and rough after soak?

I encountered this once with a pair of 1955... I couldn't figure out, why it happened. Anyways, it will stop once you start wearing them and it won't take long. Promise.

bundestaag

Reaction score
are you guys serious? I own a pair of 1955 and love them.. I havent soak or wash them yet.. but how "uncomfortable" can they get after soaking?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all, sorry for the picture heavy post...

I got my 1947 501's yesterday from cultizm.com. Like to share this with all of you.

20u72c4.jpg

2ex7ae9.jpg

24dpyrr.jpg

2e164k0.jpg

The usual stuff, a pair of jeans some cards, tag and the leather patch. But I don't know if the next thing is part of all LVC garments/jeans... But I found a letter in the backpocket, mentioning some things like denim characteristics.

ayrip1.jpg

ao6mq.jpg

ot43nb.jpg

And last but not least, the pre-soak fit pics... Let me know what y'all think.

k2l0ty.jpg

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Looks great man, hopefully the inseam shrinks quite a bit those are huge cuffs! I think 2-3" shrinkage is what you usually get so without hemming you'll definitely have to cuff. Post up some post soak pics when you get a chance.

BTW, I think all LVC's come with that letter in the pocket. Gotta love that personalized touch from Levi!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehe, yeah the huge cuff... I took a longer inseam so I could cuff after the shrinkage is done, so at least I don't have to worry for the jeans getting too short.

Didn't hear anyone earlier talk about the letter received with their LVC jeans, so I was thinking, just to post it and see if anyone is familiar with it. Indeed a nice touch from Levi's... Nice to read something about the history of a pair of jeans and the techy specifications.

Will soak them today I think.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the '47's are dry... Recoverd from a quick 30 minute hot soak. The fit thusfar:

fmt2kz.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, don't think I already got all the shrinkage out, but the fit is very comfortable.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Agreed, they are much easier on the nuts

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would warm soak and hang to dry in a warm room. They are loose and may shrink a bit more

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I would warm soak and hang to dry in a warm room. They are loose and may shrink a bit more

Just to be clear, you are suggesting another soak right away after the first one?

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Well, the '47's are dry... Recoverd from a quick 30 minute hot soak. The fit thusfar:

fmt2kz.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, don't think I already got all the shrinkage out, but the fit is very comfortable.

What is your true waist size?

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy

I second that... They need to shrink more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads