• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

UserName84

Reaction score
Has anyone ever eaten at Jiraffe in Santa Monica? If so is it good?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
i think baxter of california just opened a classy barbershop on either la cienega or la brea. no idea of the price.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hitting up primitivo before parties tom night.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Okay, I need some recs for a good barber. Something like Legacy Barber Shoppe (recommended by Kelvin), but in Los Angeles. I dislike salons (catered too much towards women) and actual traditional barbers (don't know jack ****). Something of a mix between traditional sense but modern style.

There's always Rudy's, but if you're a walk-in, it's super hit-or-miss. The guy I was using at the downtown one recently left and I'm not sure where he went to, but I highly, highly recommend getting a referral. Price is pretty good, at $24 for most haircuts.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
There's always Rudy's, but if you're a walk-in, it's super hit-or-miss. The guy I was using at the downtown one recently left and I'm not sure where he went to, but I highly, highly recommend getting a referral. Price is pretty good, at $24 for most haircuts.
Meh looks like a hipster joint. I might just have to drive down to huntington beach. I can't believe Legacy Barbershoppe is only $20. No way am I spending over $40 includin tip.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize haircuts cost that much, i'm glad i'm balding

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Hey LA peeps. Trying to pick up some Raf astros, but the seller is in LA and doesn't want to ship them elsewhere. Anyone willing to do me a favour and forward them on to me?

PM me. I can help you out.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Meh looks like a hipster joint. I might just have to drive down to huntington beach. I can't believe Legacy Barbershoppe is only $20. No way am I spending over $40 includin tip.

It sort of has that look, especially given what neighborhoods they have shops in. Again, it all depends on who you go to there, my style (especially hair style) is pretty conservative, not hipster at all, and I've gone to some great people there. However a lot of the people there aren't very good if your hair isn't perfectly straight or your personal margin of error for evenness is fairly wide.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Thanks man but Kelvin is helping me out.

wink.gif
Anytime

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
why is there nothing good to eat in OC?

The times I've been there it doesn't appear that most of the locals have any problem finding things they like to eat.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Kelvin - You crazy. OC has plenty of good places to eat. If you want to eat fancy, I recommend Golden Truffle. Also can't go wrong with Taco Rosa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads