Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Porto's Potato Balls, cheese danish, sourdough baguette

2. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Has anbody tried 85C bakery cafe in Irvine?

Soo friggin good. There is a line there too though.

3. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

I need some Doughboys cheesecake.

Looks like they opened another Doughboys down the street on 3rd...bakery only. wooooooo

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I may have to drop buy if Alberto is playing soda jerk. I'll try to drop by with my kid.
    I had forgotten to include you on the original invite but when Shell, J, and Kelvin came over you were the first name to be brought up. Did you ever make it out? I'll be back there helping (read: drinking) and scooping in a few months. BTW, after months and months of you mentioning Big Mista's I finally tried it on Sunday. Wow. I'd put it up at #2 of the best BBQ in LA (or ever) with Bludso's still at #1. Really, really great stuff.
    I'm going to stop by but Alby won't know it's me.
    Shame you didn't come out. I treated Kelv and the girl to some ridiculous tacos down the street. Dinner at Rustic also delivered. I finally got around to Mozza before catching my flight. Pricey but I was amazed that it stood up to the hype. Perfect crust.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Damn, kelvy didn't tell me he was with you guys.

Next time fo sho dawg pg told me you left the next day?

6. whodini

Yeah, I got back down here Wed morning. Guess you work Mondays? Next time we'll do something in my neck of the woods so you can see the hype behind the Danish ice cream.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

^cool, yeah can't make it during the week

Been wanting mozza for a couple weeks so we went, sat right down ordered the two usuals plus one we hadn't got in awhile and hit the spot as usual. It was a good day.

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had forgotten to include you on the original invite but when Shell, J, and Kelvin came over you were the first name to be brought up. Did you ever make it out? I'll be back there helping (read: drinking) and scooping in a few months.

BTW, after months and months of you mentioning Big Mista's I finally tried it on Sunday. Wow. I'd put it up at #2 of the best BBQ in LA (or ever) with Bludso's still at #1. Really, really great stuff...

No I didn't make it over there unfortunately. Maybe next time. And yes, Big Mista's is great. I haven't tried Bludo's yet but it's on the list.

9. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

checked out "The Market" at Santa Monica place. Pretty gimmicky..don't really have that "artisan" vibe, more of an upscale food court. had a few guys walking around in chef hats, seemed too vanilla for some reason, but its Santa Monica.... Can't see wanting to visit there regularly. The farmers markets (main street and on the promenade) are way better.

I did buy a loaf of bread at Rockenwagen, which was really good. Also a great $3 chocolate chip cookie (had a huge chocolate chip in it..but it was just "Regular sized".

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Had THE best cookie I ever had at the Farm Shop, Brentwood.

Oatmeal, cranberry and walnuts. So perfect! It took me about 20 minutes to eat it. I didn't want it to end. Each flavor melding into each other over and over again. One of the most amazing experiences.

A must try.

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

checked out "The Market" at Santa Monica place. Pretty gimmicky..don't really have that "artisan" vibe, more of an upscale food court. had a few guys walking around in chef hats, seemed too vanilla for some reason, but its Santa Monica.... Can't see wanting to visit there regularly. The farmers markets (main street and on the promenade) are way better.

I did buy a loaf of bread at Rockenwagen, which was really good. Also a great $3 chocolate chip cookie (had a huge chocolate chip in it..but it was just "Regular sized".

Sorry to hear that. Was kind of hoping it'd have a Dean and Deluca vibe or something.

13. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Sorry to hear that. Was kind of hoping it'd have a Dean and Deluca vibe or something.

It may as it fills out a little more. they had just opened a few days earlier...but not really counting on it....

14. whodini

Here's what most of you missed at the Paradis grand opening: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Rustic Canyon (Thanks, PG2G) meet up: [​IMG] The Neimann Ranch burger was great but... [​IMG] The BBQ burger was where it was at. THICK bacon, jalapeños, a bbq sauce that stayed the hell out of the way of the taste of the burger... Like Get Smart put it, it was like a Carl's Jr Western BBQ burger on steroids. On my list of top 3 burgers I've had.

15. Jawsh

Jawsh Member

This is the wrong thread to read at 2 in the morning when you are hungry.