• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The All Star Game is gonna bring a crime/hood spree to LA this weekend.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember the last one. I went to the Dunk Contest and after it, it looked like Freaknik outside the Staples Center (this was before they revitalized the area).

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is hilarious, I just drove down sunset and stopped at a light to see sushi park (cramped little space across from the gas station or some **** on north side right?) and I joked to my buddy that the place was good. He said really? I said nah just kidding made it up lol.

That is funny. Some of the best food actually is in strip malls in Los Angeles, though. You're not going to find the atmosphere you will at some other sushi places, but I could care less about that. They have a sign when you walk in that says "No California Roll, No Tempura, No Salads. Only Authentic Sushi." To some people, this is a turn off, but I like it. Their fish is incredible, and if you sit at the bar it is only Omakase and always terrific. I think you pinned the place when you drove by. Looks can be deceiving. If you like good quality fish from authentic Japanese patrons, check it out.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ya I don't care about that stuff, asanebo is in a strip mall and my boy was like
ffffuuuu.gif
at first when he saw it. Told him to relax and after he took his first bite of halibut with truffle shavings his face lit up.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jet and whodini didn't really like the burger. Try some other stuff and let us know how it is.

UserName84

Reaction score
Jet/Kelv,

Where is the best place to get a good soup in orange county? I cant find anything good and you guys seem to know every place in the two counties...

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djblisk
Going to Comme Ca on Friday. Any recs?

Any and all of their house Cocktails, their version of the side car and some fruity drink with shaved ice, yeah sounds weak I know, but it's amazing.

I like their Steak Frites.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Jet and whodini didn't really like the burger. Try some other stuff and let us know how it is.

Comme Ca is a good burger, just didn't quite live up to the hype. It's still worth trying, IMO. I'm probably going to give it another shot because when we went they hadn't got their meat shipment and only had 3 burgers. Don't really know what that means for what they served us, I guess we got old **** -_-

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
souplantation?

jk i dunno

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like it? I've been a few times, its solid but nothing really blew me away. Burger was pretty solid..liked the fried green beans. For my money I like R+D a lot better.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's not going to blow you away like osteria or aoc but it's better than RD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads