The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Get the three pizzas I posted in the picture a while ago!

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I checked the last 10 pages and then went to the first post and checked the first 5 pages and saw nothing. Which ones were they?

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I didn't know it was in the WAYWT. Thanks.
    Looks great.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Let me know if you wanna grub this coming weekend me and kelv should be around.

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Jet loves those fkn squash blossoms.

The three pizzas are:

proscuitto pineapple jalapeno
    Bacon, salami, fennel sausage, guanciale, tomato & mozzarella
    Prosciutto di Parma, rucola, tomato & mozzarella

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

To those whose been there, what do you guys suggest?
    Besides skipping the hype/reservations and finding a pizza worth the trouble?

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

To those whose been there, what do you guys suggest?

IMO I think Mozza is really overhyped and overrated. Probably the worst bread sticks in town are at Mozza. Dont get me wrong the pizza is good, not saying it isnt. but it isnt *that* good and it's def overpriced given how small the pizza is and it's mostly crust (which is a good crust) with very little coverage of toppings. but if yer in the area anyways it's worth going once i suppose. i've had the bottom two Mozza pizzas kelvin recommends and would also suggest either if yer gonna go. But for a similar style pizza I prefer Bottega Louie in downtown.

9. whodini

Your beeper vibrates whenever someone replies to this thread, huh? Or does it vibrate just for me?

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Your beeper vibrates whenever someone replies to this thread, huh? Or does it vibrate just for me?

i only click when you're the last responder. if you dont post i dont read. it's the closest i come to e-stalking

11. whodini

Have no idea how the wife hasn't broken up the Lobster Fun Club by now, but rather encourages it.

PG2G mentioned a Burmese place out around Inglewood last night. Anyone else been? Looks cheap but with really damn good reviews.

12. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Have no idea how the wife hasn't broken up the Lobster Fun Club by now, but rather encourages it.

PG2G mentioned a Burmese place out around Inglewood last night. Anyone else been? Looks cheap but with really damn good reviews.

Being a Burmese man myself, I got really excited when I read this. Do you know the name? I'm def going to look into this...the only other Burmese restaurant I've been to is the overly-hyped but surprisingly good Burma Superstar in SF.

13. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I'm moving to Redondo Beach in 3 weeks. It's a really sudden move for me (work related) and I'm really nervous about picking up and leaving my home town and all of my friends. I don't really know anyone out there, never been there, and know nothing about the area.

I know this might not be "LA proper" as some people see it, but any information about this area would be HUGELY helpful. Places to eat, good bars, things to do at night, best beaches, shopping... really anything. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Being a Burmese man myself, I got really excited when I read this. Do you know the name? I'm def going to look into this...the only other Burmese restaurant I've been to is the overly-hyped but surprisingly good Burma Superstar in SF.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/mutiara-food...rket-inglewood I'll admit to not knowing a thing about Burmese food, loved it though.
    I'm moving to Redondo Beach in 3 weeks. It's a really sudden move for me (work related) and I'm really nervous about picking up and leaving my home town and all of my friends. I don't really know anyone out there, never been there, and know nothing about the area. I know this might not be "LA proper" as some people see it, but any information about this area would be HUGELY helpful. Places to eat, good bars, things to do at night, best beaches, shopping... really anything. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.
    I've worked in Redondo Beach / Manhattan Beach for the last 6 years, feel free to pm me if you have anything specific. I can refer some places to eat, I don't really spend much time here outside of work so I can't tell you about the nightlife and bars. Don't be too nervous, it's a nice location. Anything you can't get locally you can get to within 15-20 minutes.

15. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Here you go noob

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=20679

wasn't ebglc the one talking ish on mozza awhile back in this thread?

Talking shit, no, questioning the hype yes. Cant deny the quality of the pie.

New Neopolitan pizza spot in the camp by southcoast called ECCO. Anyone been?
    They got a new bahn mi spot in the camp thats a solid cheap lunch.

Anyone got a good cheap spot by Troubadour? Burgers?