• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a CPA they can recommend? Need to check a few things tax wise with eBay sales

Jerome1988

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking for an great Korean BBQ restaurant in L.A. Does anyone have a recommendation?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parks, Tahoe or road to Seoul for BBQ. Maybe toe bang?

Jerome1988

Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for your recommendations! :)

One question, have you ever been there? Can you say which one would be the best location for a little more "fancy" and/or "romantic" style?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's all Korean BBQ so none of those are fancy

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Parks, Tahoe or road to Seoul for BBQ. Maybe toe bang?

Kang Ho-Dong Baekjeong is right across from Toe Bang (what a name! makes me laugh every time) and is a great KBBQ place. I wouldn't say it's romantic, but it's certainly more upscale than other comparably-priced places.

Also, if you want truly romantic KBBQ then go to Genwa on Wilshire.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Just to pile on, +1 on on the Genwa recommendation. The food's good (for whatever it's worth: I was originally taken there by a KA gal I was dating because she considered the food to be a good balance of authentic/higher-end), and the atmosphere is much nicer for a romantic date than many of the alternatives.

If by "fancy" you mean "relatively clean and shiny", there's always Chosun Galbee. It's a good place to take folks who haven't had Korean food before and want to ease into it. But it's probably more suited to a group date than a romantic one-on-one date.

jm22

Reaction score
^ If you're looking for a fancy Korean place to take a date then you might want to consider dropping KBBQ altogether and go to Soban on Olympic Blvd. A nice small space, arguably one of the very best Korean restaurants in the city. They don't serve booze though.

ysb

Reaction score
Let me offer up an alternative suggestion: Soot Bull Jeep. After the dinner you will smell so much like charcoal and charred meat that you'll both need a shower. Offer the one at your place.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
any recommendations for a tailor for suit alterations? live in long beach, but willing to go to LA or OC.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In LA I've used 3 places.

1. Paul at Wilshire tailors - best recommendation.
2. Abi at Alandales in Culver City - very high quality alterations, but takes his time.
3. Ali at Lizon Tailors - fast turnaround, low prices, decent quality.

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score
Hama Sushi is definitely one of the better sushi places in LA. Has anyone ever dined there? It's small, intimate, and only serves sashimi and sushi (no rolls/terriyaki or any kind of the american fusion stuff)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads