• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

order a big juicy burger with extra bacon

Will use cheat meal for that, man. Haha.

Thanks, dudes. Will eventually go to those places :)

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BOOM!

....and if you are willing to slum it out to the Valley, Vinh Loi Tofu in Reseda

Yummy place. Been around these parts since 2003.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the fred segal sale starts?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviving the thread since it's dineLA been pretty disappointing so far

Had spago tonight and what a joke. Probably the most uninspired meal I've had in a while. Plus they seated us 20 minutes late (although every restaurant has been late by at least 10 min). Also bartender was a ******* asshole, I ask him what bourbons they have he says they have all so I give him about 5 and he doesn't know the bourbon or doesn't have it. He then says he has Hudson but I say I don't want it just give me a double black label and just a little bit of ice. ****** pours the smallest double I've ever seen then says wow that's a lot of whisky you sure you don't need more ice? Unbelievable attitude and service. And he freaking asked me for ID then acted like it was fake. Yes I'm not 40 in a fused suit and square toe shoes like everyone else in the bar but still kinda unbelievable. I don't mind getting asked for ID as I'm 23 but still can't believe him. Thinking back shouldn't have given him a tip at all

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not funny, what a waste of $350

Also ******* oysters shucked terribly and tasted old as **** and parts of shell in two of them. I don't expect that much but damn I just don't get it

Maybe it's just dine LA since I went to French place I always go to and it was first time they messed up food and seating but still

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not funny, what a waste of $350

Also ******* oysters shucked terribly and tasted old as **** and parts of shell in two of them. I don't expect that much but damn I just don't get it

Maybe it's just dine LA since I went to French place I always go to and it was first time they messed up food and seating but still

Complain to management about the service. I had a bad experience at Mastro's in BH and was give a gift card to come back and dine on their dime. Dropped about $350 also.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Cafe Gratitude in Larchmont Village and Flore Vegan in Silverlake are my favorites.

I live near the Cafe Gratitude in Venice. The food is OK, but the mandatory serving of sanctimonious faux spirituality makes me choke. In my head, my answer to the "question of the day" is always: "**** you."

Recently ate at Sage, which was decent. Not a huge fan of Feed on Abbott Kinney (not terrible, just mediocre with poor service), but if definitely accommodates vegans.

Sage: http://www.yelp.com/biz/sage-organic-vegan-bistro-culver-city

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dineLA is for amateurs. it's like valentine's day. restaurateurs hate it and it shows.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^ i trust this guy

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lakers baby, lakers.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
booked a Valentine's day spot partially on the basis that they aren't doing a special menu.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads