1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

I'm late to the party, but try Alimento or Cliff's Edge in Silverlake. Night + Market Song is also great. Probably one of the more popular spots in LA recently.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Agree with Alimento. Excellent spot, very low key, but they do everything so well. Best Fried Chicken sandwich ever by the way.

3. jet

jet Senior member

Thanks for the tip love me a good fried chicken sandwich.

4. jlchau

jlchau Senior member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  5. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

BOOM! Alimento #1. They call it a Chicken Milanese Sandwich, don't really get the Italian spin on it but it is so fucking good. Been there twice, each time we have ordered two of them.

Desserts at Alimento are ehhhh, nothing special. Go across the street to Milk for some bomb dessert.

6. jet

jet Senior member

I've had sog a few times love it. Second place is bandera in newport, not sure if brentwood has it but it's pretty damn good. Only problem is it's sort of on a roll and they cut it into 3 pieces. Also it has cheese which I don't generally prefer on fried chicken but it somehow works. The sog is better though and when I have the alimento I will report back, can't wait. Free range I heard is mostly looks and lacks some flavor.

7. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

Bird N Hand on Fairfax was so f'ing good. One of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had (even coming GA where we eat fried chicken 3 meals a day). I'm pissed they closed, although it was kind of hard to ever find them open even before they closed. I was talking to the lady that ran it one time though, and got the feeling their main focus was catering down the street at CBS and the restaurant was more of a side gig.

8. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

I had the Grilled Chicken 'N Brie sandwich at Joe's Cafe in Granada Hills, and it was amazing. An added bonus is that they serve Intelligentsia Coffee. Great little place:

http://www.joescafegh.com/index.html

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Good intel, but I trust you're not under the impression that a grilled chicken sandwich has anything to do with a fried chicken sammie. :cheers:

10. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

No sir, I wouldn't dare make that mistake.

1 person likes this.
  11. avera

avera Active Member

Are there other shops in LA along similar lines to RRL, Tradesman, Self Edge, and Mr. Freedom? Are there any shops that carry The Real McCoy stuff? Or Velva Sheen?

12. jet

jet Senior member

Fried chicken sammich at plan check is pretty good, the ham on it is fucking excellent.

13. JL77

JL77 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone carries Real McCoy's in LA though I've heard rumblings of them thinking about an LA flagship. Steven Alan has Velva Sheen.

14. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Was finally able to transfer back to LA. Office is in Westwood. Jeezus, a 2bedroom around the area is around 2700-3000

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Counter-intuitively you can probably do better than that in Beverly Hills.

1 person likes this.
  16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I remember when I used to live in Downtown LA, 3 bedroom (really 2 and a half) for 3800

17. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I hate to admit I like this place…. mostly because the head chef/owner used to be a neighbor of mine and he's pretty much a massive dickbag. The one on Sawtelle is always packed with dumb chix and hipsters, but I'll do a burger there once or twice a year.

18. jet

jet Senior member

The fairfax location is so much better. The pastrami was fucking great too, afraid I will have to frequent that place.

19. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Still haven't been to plan check. MUST go....

20. jlchau

jlchau Senior member

They've made it pretty easy lately with multiple locations (DTLA, Fairfax, Sawtelle, and supposedly Santa Monica in the future).