1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***THE OFFICIAL Los Angeles Chat Thread***

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Davidko19, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

2. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

The redbull flugtag was right by my apt. this weekend and it was a blast. Had about 15 friends come over and we walked over, boozed it up all day. I REALLY wish I put in a float.

Ok, I was gonna embed some pics from facebook but cant figure out how. So just take my word.... 100k people = Major drunk fest.

did you see the green army men? i know a couple of those dudes.

also, i am back in la and without a car. kill meeeeeeeee.

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I'm getting restless, I think it's time to leave LA.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

5. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

what's a good restaurant around Cedars Sinai for lunch that has attractive female staff/customers and isn't too expensive (say $25 and under per entree) and that you can just walk in (rather than make a reservation). save me from the Grand Luxe Cafe!

I did Simon LA last week and that kind of fit the bill...but don't want to go there again.

6. aizan

aizan Senior member

newsroom cafe. it's kind of awful, though.

7. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

This past weekend I went to Catalina Island for the first time. We had a mini-pub crawl there for the day. After about 8 hours you see everything. I was hanging with my lady friends family last night and her brother said he spent 2 nights a while back and it was the worst vacation ever because there is absolutely nothing to do at night - everything is closed at 6pm. lol.

did you see the green army men? i know a couple of those dudes.

also, i am back in la and without a car. kill meeeeeeeee.

yea, they had a video on the red bull website too. It was a blast man, highly recommend it. Lots of friends came out and there was no security there, so BYOB. 100k+ people = great party.

8. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

newsroom cafe. it's kind of awful, though.

yeah it is.

maybe Taste right there on Melrose near La Cieniega.

9. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

they check every once in a while. i got busted once under the old system because i had the last month's pass and had left the new one on my desk. big hassle and would have been a big fine if i hadn't produced the pass. i see them busting people once a week or so. i get the monthly, but get a deep discount through my work. you mgiht see if the new place offers it. parking near pershing square is scandalous. there's a place i go to lunch near there that's $20 an hour. i'm sure it's discounted on a daily rate, but still really expensive.

Don't hold out with the metro hookups.

10. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Going to FYF fest at LA State historic park today
    Should be a blast given the bands performing.

11. EMY

EMY Senior member

anyone been to Mi Place in Pasadena lately? how was it?

12. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Any SFers planning to go to the AAAC dinner in BH on Friday evening? I thought I'd go unless the weather suddenly turns beastly hot.

13. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

anyone been to Mi Place in Pasadena lately? how was it?

Not lately but I went when I was younger. Typical Italian, pricey for what it is, not great, but definitely not bad. Total date spot.

14. melwoesblvd

melwoesblvd Senior member

anyone here work at el gallo giro? yea i bet theres a couple of you, don't lie!

15. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Well-Known Member

New to LA, never been to a game at the Coliseum. I know it's not in the greatest neighborhood, but are there sportsbars nearby if I wanted to show up extra early (to beat the traffic) and watch other games until the USC game starts?

16. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

Has anyone been to Choza Mama in old town pas yet? i'm definitely stoked about a peruvian restaurant being in the area, but the yelp reviews are mixed. people are stupid though so i'll definitely be trying it myself.

17. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Senior member

New to LA, never been to a game at the Coliseum. I know it's not in the greatest neighborhood, but are there sportsbars nearby if I wanted to show up extra early (to beat the traffic) and watch other games until the USC game starts?

I recently moved to LA right next to SC. There's not much down here though. I would probably recommend the Lab Gastropub. It's about 3-4 blocks north of the Coliseum. That's the only bar/pub type restaurant around this area that is decent I've found so far. There are a few other bars, notably the 901 bar and grill (The 9-0) at 2902 Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA, 90007. This place is covered in students all the time, and for sure on a game day. They also recently redid the 'Traditions' bar, which is USC's campus bar, I'm unsure if that's open to the public or just students though.

18. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Well-Known Member

19. nlakind

nlakind Senior member

Any SFers planning to go to the AAAC dinner in BH on Friday evening? I thought I'd go unless the weather suddenly turns beastly hot.

what is this?

20. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

^It's a dinner for habituees of Ask Andy About Clothes at McCormick & Schmidt's restaurant on Rodeo Drive. The illustrious Mr. Andy Gilchrist will be present. Starts at 6:00. I am going in (dressy) casual daywear. I hope all the iGents won't be in black tie, making me feel like a yokel!