• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Leica Users Thread

Serg

Reaction score
Lecia digital cameras are not worth it, at least until they catch up in-terms of the sensors. For a reasonable priced digital starter camera that captures the simplicity of lecia's check out this Panasonic http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/ . No crazy zoom. No super high 15mega pixels that only reduce overall quality. F2.0 at 24mm 2.8 at 60mm. The ability to manual focus.

Serg

Reaction score
Indeed there is a Leica version. It is probably not worth the extra money but who cares. Both are great.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Ouch.

Indeed, and my own stupidity is to blame. I was carrying it with the strap slung over one sholder instead of bandolier style. I stumbled going up a set of granite steps, and when I instinctively reachad out to catch myself, the camera went down.

I don't mind the paint loss, but the ding above the stap lug and the ruined hood I could live without. Still, the most easily replaceable part took the blow, so it could have been much worse.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn

i fell down the stairs once with camera on on shoulder

fortunately i grabbed the camera and put my hands up high as i fell into the steps...
lol

i walked away with pretty banged up knees and elbows but the camera was perfectly fine

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ouch! It hurts. I dropped my D80 a little while back when I tried to pull it behind my hoodie. It slipped forward, instead of backward toward my neck. Luckily, the camera landed perfectly on its base, and the only damage was to the lens's shutter leaves. The lens was promptly sent back to Nikon for repair and is now as good as new. Yes, it could've been a lot worse.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just purchased a d-lux 4. will post some pics when i get it. thank you amazon rebate checks

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my dlux-4 last week, been trying to find some interesting things to take photos of. just fixed my t4 as well. so should have my hands busy. certainly not the best photographer...but trying...the colors on this beast is so vivid. never had a lens like this before.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.