The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KitAkira, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

anyone have pics of the insides of their postal style messenger they could share w/ me??

looking at getting on for xmas

i was thinking 12" x 16" for the dimensions

2. Clontarf

Clontarf New Member

Thanks to posts on SF I have just ordered a natural untanned mid-length wallet, rein & tether. Great value and superbly patient emails from Unlucky. Will post images when I get them.

3. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Good choice mate, when it comes to craftsmanship and customer service, doesn't get much better than Scott's!

4. bjan

bjan Senior member

I am still getting the "Site not configured" error when I try to visit Scott's website. Can someone verify if the site is working or not please?

He's got a Wordpress blog that seems active. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. (it's just his original, but replace .com with .wordpress.com)

5. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

A few more things from Scott - undyed horse-hide belt (double layer hand-stitched with custom shaped tip), a 15 oz + black belt (made from an interesting waxy, extra heavy harness leather with which he's experimenting), and a couple of 15 oz + leather coasters with the 'Don't Mourn, Organize!' logo. Picture is Scott's own (colour is not accurate due to indoor lighting), will put up my owns pics when they arrive: [​IMG] Scott is a great guy to deal with, and his new webstore is in the works!

6. altemp

altemp Senior member

Anyone ever had Scott just stop responding? We had the last details to finalized and he just hasn't emailed me back in 4 days. I'm kind of anxious to get this project started, I don't really want to go to another guy.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Anyone ever had Scott just stop responding? We had the last details to finalized and he just hasn't emailed me back in 4 days. I'm kind of anxious to get this project started, I don't really want to go to another guy.
    Patience.

8. altemp

altemp Senior member

Do you know if something is happening with him recently? 10 days without an answer when we were 1 email away from finalizing my order is a little disheartening.

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Do you know if something is happening with him recently? 10 days without an answer when we were 1 email away from finalizing my order is a little disheartening.
    just keep e-mailing...but not to much!

10. altemp

altemp Senior member

Ah alright, I sent him a follow-up. It was basically at the 'send me your paypal' stage and then nothing.

11. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Ah alright, I sent him a follow-up. It was basically at the 'send me your paypal' stage and then nothing.
    is he in utah? i can track him down [​IMG]

12. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

He's a busy guy...this seems to happen somewhat often, but he's doing custom handcrafted work at a fraction of the common price. He's a REALLY good guy, I highly doubt he's dicking you around...send some follow up email but dont badger him...he's busy making awesome shit for everyone.

13. altemp

altemp Senior member

Yeah I just sent him a follow up and he replied promptly. I didn't think he was dicking around, I just thought maybe he took a vacation or trip or something. I know he makes great stuff and is a great guy to work with.

14. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

15. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

Can someone PM me his email address?
    read the 3rd page. god, his bags are gorgeous. i'm so tempted, even though i'm supposed to be saving money. fuuuuuuuuuck.