The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KitAkira, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Thanks pronxs. My design in 15 oz leather is $80 shipped to Australia (but I had it shipped with my mail-bag). I think for his regular 13 oz belt without the custom-shaped tip, it's closer to $60. Best to drop Scott a line - wonderful man to deal with, very polite and punctual [​IMG] Mmm, I'm actually working on a modified design of my Unlucky belt...will probably ask him to make it for me next year.

2. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

Just got pictures of the bag Scott made me and I wanted to share. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm going to Obenauf's/snoseal it myself once it arrives and it's made of 7oz veg tanned wicket & craig cowhide with 9oz horween horsehide trim. Looks absolutely sick and it can be used as either a briefcase or messenger. We'll have to see which I prefer. Also, I just wanted to reiterate that Scott is incredible to work with and he is very patient. I've been incredibly indecisive with the details of the bag and Scott has accommodated all of my tweaks and let me know when things just wouldn't work out. that is all.

3. altemp

altemp Senior member

Awesome bag, just like the one I'm trying to get made. Any idea how long it takes Scott to get back to emails? I sent one about 2 weeks ago.

4. rauyeu2

rauyeu2 New Member

Awesome bag, just like the one I'm trying to get made. Any idea how long it takes Scott to get back to emails? I sent one about 2 weeks ago.
    Try resending it because it probably went to his Junkmail or he may have overlooked it. I sent him a email about 3-4 weeks ago but he never replied. I sent him another one this past week and he replied to that and I have placed an order with him already. He is quite slow with his emails imo, so the best thing to do is to place all your concerns in a long email so you can get an order going asap!

5. DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey New Member

Has Scott's website changed? When I try to visit it I get a generic placeholder by the host, WebFaction.

6. rauyeu2

rauyeu2 New Member

[​IMG]

day 1

will post pictures when leather tans

7. NoahRose

NoahRose Well-Known Member

does anyone know how thick scott's billfold wallets are? are they easy to fold and do they bulge out of the pocket a lot?

8. ltb

ltb Senior member

^ at the widest part of mine with cards in each of the 6 slots, it's about 7/8" thick when relaxed. doesn't bulge any more than a typical wallet seems to, but it did a bit before the leather broke in.

also i just got my messenger bag from scott last week. so so awesome.

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'm looking forward to a little experiment with Scott. I'll post results when they happen.

10. DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey New Member

I am still getting the "Site not configured" error when I try to visit Scott's website. Can someone verify if the site is working or not please?

11. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

^ find his email in this thread.

12. srendam

srendam Senior member

Thanks pronxs.

My design in 15 oz leather is $80 shipped to Australia (but I had it shipped with my mail-bag).
    I think for his regular 13 oz belt without the custom-shaped tip, it's closer to $60.

Best to drop Scott a line - wonderful man to deal with, very polite and punctual [​IMG]

Mmm, I'm actually working on a modified design of my Unlucky belt...will probably ask him to make it for me next year.

Wish I knew this before I ordered my corter. Does anybody know how much he charges for a bifold wallet?

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

How long does Unlucky typically take to respond to an initial email? I sent one a couple nights ago asking for some belt pictures, as I'm looking for a natural horsehide belt or something similar.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I've been talking to him within the same day. Might want to check your spam as I had a message or two from him in there without realizing it.

15. DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey New Member

How long does Unlucky typically take to respond to an initial email?

I got a reply the working day after I posted, swapped a few quick replies and my order is now in the pipeline. For little things like wallets and so on, his work queue seems to be around a week.