*** The Official J. Crew Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Alcibiades, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

There have historically been seasonal J Crew threads in this forum, which always seem to become the threads for general J Crew questions... For example, the most active J Crew thread now is Spring/Summer. We are now in Fall/Winter, and it makes sense to just have a J Crew thread going forward. Mods, if you disagree, you can delete, but I think it's time to have a consolidated thread.

So here it is. This is a thread for all things J Crew - new additions, thoughts on the runway show each season, information of styles, stores, sales, etc.

Personally I have moved a lot of my buying to J Crew the past two years from brands like RL... Sweaters, chinos, casual buttondowns, even dress shirts and suits, I've been buying more J Crew lately. I picked up a shawl sweater and two ties during the last sale. I'll be a regular contributor here. I'm looking into a second Ludlow suit sometime over the next month or so...

2. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

Given how this thread went over, I think everyone is just going to continue posting in the S/S '13 thread for eternity...

3. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

I'm on board with one "official" thread. There's no need to make a new thread every season.

4. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

5. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Senior member

6. UpDownAeroplane

UpDownAeroplane Active Member

i have both colors.

i expected them to be a slim-straight kind of fit and they are surprisingly, really slim. pretty much a skinny fit, but they do stretch a bit. i am not sure whether i honestly bought the wrong size (doesn't seem like it because they fit well in the waist and every where else) but they are pretty hard to take off.

the blue ones i have are not as soft for some reason but the grey ones are incredibly soft. i like both pairs a lot though, they are really comfortable and very lightweight....i'm wearing them right now lol.

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

1) Can anyone compare the slim v neck and crewneck cashmere sweaters to the regular fit? I'm thinking moving to slim large from the regular version...

2) General comments on the Bowery wool pants?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

8. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

9. Nookitect

Nookitect Well-Known Member

General jcrew question...

Jcrew has been running their final sale, which in the past has melange you can't return stuff...pretty straight forward.

However, I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from them. None of the items I have ordered from their final sale have come in showing the "final sale, non-returnable" label on the receipt.

My question is, do they excuse the non-returnable deal if you buy a lot from them?

Thanks for the help.

10. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

If it doesn't say it on the receipt, you shouldn't have a problem returning. They do not excuse the non-returnable status just because you order a lot though.

Side-note: I've returned final sale stuff before. J.Crew is pretty flexible on returns.

11. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Does anybody have any experience with the denim jackets? I like the faded chino corded trucker jacket for 40% off right now. Wondering if it's boxy or cut pretty slim. Usually wear a small in their stuff but always go with the "slim."

12. alohamichael

alohamichael Active Member

I work at J. Crew. Customers who find the slim medium too small like the regular small better. So I would try the regular medium. Hope that helps.

13. alohamichael

Unless it says slim in the description, it won't be slim.

14. alohamichael

They aren't suppose to be…it really depends on the store. Some are more lax than others.

15. rodgersmc

rodgersmc New Member

I've read a few reviews on JCrew women's sizing lately, which complain about runaway "Vanity Sizing." For instance: here. Anyone notice this happening with men's?

Or put differently: if I'm a 28" in JCrew, can I safely order that size with Howard Yount, etc? I find that I've over-relied on JCrew in the past few years and want to move away a bit...