• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AH One storefront in Springfield is indeed closed, but Aram is still doing repair work. You can ship your work to him, or if you live in the local DC/MD/VA area he can meet you to pick up shoe for repair. I have some front taps currently in process and can share photos when I get them back.

That's a shame his store closed. The guys at Alden DC said he was having some health issues. I think they said he will do pickups from their shop if you don't want to do a factory restore. I assume they will take non-Alden shoes for him too.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done this event? I personally cannot attend, but thought this would appeal to the audience here. May be a good idea for a potential future meet up if folks wanted?

Link below should show 50% off regular priced tickets.

Whiskey and Cigar tasting event in DC
Tickets include:
One complimentary Johnnie Walker Black Label or Makers Mark Bourbon
One complimentary cigar with purchase of a ticket -TBD
Cigars will be available for purchase by Casa De Montecristo
cdmnewlogo12417.jpeg

Must be 21+to enter.

Customers are allowed to bring their own cigars
Dress code: Business casual. No shorts/t-shirts, sandals, please. Doorman discretion.
Event location: Ellipse Rooftop above the Hyatt hotel 1522 K St NW Washington, DC

The event will not be canceled due to rain as the rooftop has a retractable roof.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done this event? I personally cannot attend, but thought this would appeal to the audience here. May be a good idea for a potential future meet up if folks wanted?

Link below should show 50% off regular priced tickets.

Whiskey and Cigar tasting event in DC
Tickets include:
One complimentary Johnnie Walker Black Label or Makers Mark Bourbon
One complimentary cigar with purchase of a ticket -TBD
Cigars will be available for purchase by Casa De Montecristo
cdmnewlogo12417.jpeg

Must be 21+to enter.

Customers are allowed to bring their own cigars
Dress code: Business casual. No shorts/t-shirts, sandals, please. Doorman discretion.
Event location: Ellipse Rooftop above the Hyatt hotel 1522 K St NW Washington, DC

The event will not be canceled due to rain as the rooftop has a retractable roof.
Sorry, StyFo events must be conservative business dress or higher.

Kevin24

Reaction score
That's a shame his store closed. The guys at Alden DC said he was having some health issues. I think they said he will do pickups from their shop if you don't want to do a factory restore. I assume they will take non-Alden shoes for him too.

Damn sad to see AH One close.

I stopped in one time and the guy who ran it was very nice/helpful.

They were also one of the few comprehensive independent shoe stores in this area that stocked brands outside of the easier to come by AE.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to check out that half of the store. Amusingly I’ve never walked to that side! Needs to be MTM I think.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! She ends up taking all her dress shirts to a tailor for adjustments and wants to get some made specifically for her. I think MTM rather than MTO is what she's looking for.

Doesn't look like Ann's service takes specific measurements but it's worth a visit to see I think.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! She ends up taking all her dress shirts to a tailor for adjustments and wants to get some made specifically for her. I think MTM rather than MTO is what she's looking for.

Doesn't look like Ann's service takes specific measurements but it's worth a visit to see I think.

Hemrajani/My Tailor comes to town every couple of months. Hundreds of fabric options. They can also do a one piece collar.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WW Chan also has a women's department that travels. They will be in D.C. on October 23-24.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WW Chan also has a women's department that travels. They will be in D.C. on October 23-24.
Thanks! Great info.I hadn't thought of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads