• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Hannah Wicklund and The Stepping Stones over the weekend at Hill Country Barbecue. Has anyone ever been for the food?

View attachment 1191516
Yeah, I like the food there, especially the pulled pork and the burnt ends. Not crazy about the sausages (too greasy for my tastes) but the sides are the best.

EzraPaul

Reaction score
No, I meant the suit turned out well MTM.
Got it.

I haven't tried Hill Country, mostly gave up on DC BBQ because it doesn't seem to have an identity and falls into the generic Memphis/KC style that seems to prevail outside of regions with defined BBQ identity.

EzraPaul

Reaction score
This is looking really good. Love the shoulder shaping. And it turns out I like ticket pockets after all!
Glad you like it! You're up next! As far as (mostly) unnecessary details, ticket pocket is the one I'm most likely to do. For single breasted I almost always order for myself that way.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New suit from Ezra Paul!
IMG_20190621_085018_304.jpg
It's a 7/8oz Reda wool. So light it feels like I'm wearing...
grPvwirUVUWvMMPIJEMJpje7F8k=.gif

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_085018_304.jpg
    IMG_20190621_085018_304.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 14

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Thanks! Red Onion is reopening this fall in Hyattsville, if you want to make the trek.

Haha - absolutely, but it is a bit far considering I spend a fair amount of free time stumbling between Exiles and Blaguard (your shop is luckily right in the middle of that route so I'll have to stop in at some point)

EzraPaul

Reaction score
Haha - absolutely, but it is a bit far considering I spend a fair amount of free time stumbling between Exiles and Blaguard (your shop is luckily right in the middle of that route so I'll have to stop in at some point)

I've spent a good amount of time at Exiles myself since the move. It's more or less what a bar should be.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Hill Country BBQ is an abomination, like almost all BBQ in DC. Drive two hours south to Richmond if you're going to try get to get good BBQ.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever been to 12 Stories lounge on the Wharf? I've heard mixed reviews: nice crowd, good bartender/drinks but slow service

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in a training course all week and missed Steed this time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads