• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh you are very close to me. Im in Burtonsville aka Silver Spring North (holds up gang fingers) I use Sargent cleaners in Olney for my dry cleaning. My brother swears by this place for alterations. I actually need to visit them.

Abrahams Custom Tailor
14310 Layhill Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20906

bsarosi

Reaction score
Oh you are very close to me. Im in Burtonsville aka Silver Spring North (holds up gang fingers) I use Sargent cleaners in Olney for my dry cleaning. My brother swears by this place for alterations. I actually need to visit them.

Abrahams Custom Tailor
14310 Layhill Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20906
Thanks! I’ll check them out as it’s pretty close

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
I moved from VA to MD during Covid and now need to get some suit alterations done since I'm back in the office some. I had a great tailor while in VA but don't really want to drive over an hour each way to the tailor. Anyone have any tailor recommendations in MoCo?
Who was the great tailor in VA? Always looking for suggestions.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to show and tell since the other half doesn’t know. Still waiting for it to come in but I picked this up for next fall and winter. I really tried to not buy it but it checked a lot of boxes for me and was able to haggle down. Almost wish is was fall again…almost.
IMG_9983.jpeg
IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_0014.jpeg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have similar suggestions for DC, specifically Capitol Hill?
Will field moved his shop to the hill. William is the end all be all of tailoring in DC. If you have anything you care about, it’s William.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads