• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Kevin24

Reaction score
I'm currently in Chicago for a few days for a wedding.

Any men's haberdasheries or shoe shops I should check out?

I know that's a vague question, especially since Chicago is a vast city and its menswear scene is pretty well developed.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that's a vague question, especially since Chicago is a vast city and its menswear scene is pretty well developed.
Visit Sean at dashing Chicago.

He used to man the Leffot store there but runs his own store now.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've bought a bunch of things from them online, but never shopped the store. Independence Chicago is a workwear/casualwear shop, not tailoring, but if you are interested in that style, they are worth checking out in person, I suspect.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea where can I pick something up like this locally?

Shipping charges are more than the umbrella itself lol

Thanks to @smittycl I already own this https://www.kentwang.com/accessories/navy-chestnut.html

I’m not currently in DC until after the election, however I’d consider parting with one of my collection of fox umbrellas - I don’t use them, they are quite beautiful to look at (and still have the tags on!)

The best way to get yourself a nice umbrella in DC is to find the one I lost earlier this year.

This is why I don’t use my fox umbrellas (or Maglia for that measure). I used to. Now I just use the umbrellas my building provides at the front. And if I lose it, I don’t lose a minute of sleep.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not currently in DC until after the election, however I’d consider parting with one of my collection of fox umbrellas - I don’t use them, they are quite beautiful to look at (and still have the tags on!)

This is why I don’t use my fox umbrellas (or Maglia for that measure). I used to. Now I just use the umbrellas my building provides at the front. And if I lose it, I don’t lose a minute of sleep.
Honestly, why buy something but not use it?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, why buy something but not use it?
This is Styleforum. Clothing and sartorial items are for photographing for your e-bros, not for wearing or using.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Styleforum. Clothing and sartorial items are for photographing for your e-bros, not for wearing or using.
I caught myself heading down that road and pulled back briskly. Everything gets worn/used or it’s off to LuxeSwap!

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Let me know!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't currently have expensive umbrellas but if I were to own one I'd probably reserve it for storage in my car or home and only use it if it happens to rain while I'm heading somewhere I'm not likely to lose it - i.e. not a bar. At the moment I have a relatively cheap but nice umbrella I permanently store for use in my work bag. And a cheapo CVS one at home.

This umbrella convo has me missing Sterling & Burke that used to be in Georgetown.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1664501407016.png

OOTD. New Valstarino jacket paired with long sleeve polo and quest cotton trousers from Yeossal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics