• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to get into Yayoi Kusama but the Hirschorn is using timed passes that us plebs can’t get online. “$100 Members” can reserve online. Wankers.

@Kangnamstyles didn’t you see a preview of this?

8E509764-F514-4212-8FCF-0FF5FEFE5C4D.jpeg

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried to get into Yayoi Kusama but the Hirschorn is using timed passes that us plebs can’t get online. “$100 Members” can reserve online. Wankers.

@Ambulance Chaser didn’t you see a preview of this?

Spending a fortune on clothes and watches? Cool

Spending the cost of a belt or tie to patronize the arts? Wanker.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spending a fortune on clothes and watches? Cool

Spending the cost of a belt or tie to patronize the arts? Wanker.
Yeah, a bit of a whine but I associate the Smithsonian with free. In NYC? Happy to pay. There is such duality in nature.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Kangnamstyles didn’t you see a preview of this?

View attachment 1836352
Hmm, not that I’m aware of.

I’ll have to ask my wife if I went sleep walking the museums again. (Kidding, I think)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the Yayoi Kusama exhibit on the last Tuesday of April (I had a few days off between my previous and current jobs. Went there in the morning, got tickets for the early afternoon. Maybe a morning/afternoon off is the best way to view it.

IMG_6539.jpg IMG_6543.jpg IMG_6544.jpg IMG_6547.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Hirshhorn membership just for Kusama and saw it twice with advance reservations. 🙂

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Hirshhorn membership just for Kusama and saw it twice with advance reservations. 🙂
I’ll try my luck next weekend like @Easily Amused did. The Hirschorn is nice but nothing I want to join. I’ve always liked the special exhibits over the permanent collection.

drentco

Reaction score
Hey gents…can anyone recommend a place for a custom tux? Highcliff in Middleburg was recommended but curious about some others. Max budget is around $2K but don’t know where that will get me.

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
Hey gents…can anyone recommend a place for a custom tux? Highcliff in Middleburg was recommended but curious about some others. Max budget is around $2K but don’t know where that will get me.

Probably not a lot around here, depending on your definition of custom. Best bet would probably be getting something OTR and tailored, but curious to hear what others have to say.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that price point you could do Ezra Paul for made to measure or Sid Mashburn for off the rack (pretty sure Mashburn still does complimentary alterations in house).

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
At that price point you could do Ezra Paul for made to measure or Sid Mashburn for off the rack (pretty sure Mashburn still does complimentary alterations in house).
Got my wedding tux made by Ezra Paul for that price and no regrets. It’s a beautiful tux and was perfect for the wedding. Would do it over again the same way!

drentco

Reaction score
Got my wedding tux made by Ezra Paul for that price and no regrets. It’s a beautiful tux and was perfect for the wedding. Would do it over again the same way!
Cool, this is the exact occasion I need mine for lol. Thank you to all the others! I have a few Sid Mashburn items, I can try and set up an appointment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads