• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

dc_slicker

Reaction score
A fly placket and a pique fabric is more current than a pleated bib front. But, both are timeless and considered correct.

Neither pic has the model with a covered waist, though. I realize both are featuring the shirt, but he should have a cummerbund.
You can wear black studs and almost any cufflink. Unless they are bright pink or something garish it will be fine.
Sounds like more of a personal choice… and I guess I will see what I like when I see it in person
I assume both have studs for buttons?

and yes. I am going to get this to complete the look

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is some really fantastic work from Aram on my C&J chelseas.
20220708_182324.jpg
I didn't even ask for blind stitching but got it anyway!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is some really fantastic work from Aram on my C&J chelseas.
View attachment 1810863
I didn't even ask for blind stitching but got it anyway!

Those look so good you don't even want to walk on pavement and screw them up. But, you can't walk on hardwood or your toe plate will chew up your floors. Carpet only!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I deal my feet a bit and use toe taps as well. Never used metal ones though. Noisy?

I have them on a pair of Edward Greens. They make a bit of a grinding noise on concrete. But, I am a toe pusher. I plan to have them installed on all of my dress shoes when they are resoled. On boots with double leather soles they seem unnecessary even though that's where I wear my soles the most.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them on a pair of Edward Greens. They make a bit of a grinding noise on concrete. But, I am a toe pusher. I plan to have them installed on all of my dress shoes when they are resoled. On boots with double leather soles they seem unnecessary even though that's where I wear my soles the most.
After a long military career and surgery on both feet I’m just going to buy a white linen suit, Panama hat, and two designer canes. Will move straight into old eccentric dude who walks funny and sits at the outdoor cafe mopping his brow with white handkerchief and sipping espresso all day.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mason and Sons continues releasing Anthony Sinclair 007 suits. Really like this one and would get lots of use out of it. Kicking myself for not stopping in when I was over here last month to try one on.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a long military career and surgery on both feet I’m just going to buy a white linen suit, Panama hat, and two designer canes. Will move straight into old eccentric dude who walks funny and sits at the outdoor cafe mopping his brow with white handkerchief and sipping espresso all day.

Neckerchiefs are underrated.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look so good you don't even want to walk on pavement and screw them up. But, you can't walk on hardwood or your toe plate will chew up your floors. Carpet only!
I deal my feet a bit and use toe taps as well. Never used metal ones though. Noisy?
I've never had a problem with metal taps on floors as I don't wear shoes around the house and my office is carpeted. I don't notice any noise on concrete but that's just because there's already plenty of other sounds outside. They make a little noise if you're walking on tile but i love that clicking sound. Like a tap dancer.

Last edited:

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jurassic park.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads