• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a slice from here after leaving Brixton on Friday. Definitely lives up to the hype.
20220701_212136.jpg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dragged the wife all the way to Georgetown today so I could go to Sid Mashburn. It was closed!
20220703_152043.jpg
Appropriately, I was all prepped out in a madras shirt, linen pants, woven D-ring belt and loafers.
20220703_165132.jpg
So did a little thrifting instead and picked up a nice Patagonia rain jacket at Reddz.
20220703_154048.jpg
And couldn't let a nice day in Gtown go to waste.
20220703_151829.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragged the wife all the way to Georgetown today so I could go to Sid Mashburn. It was closed!
View attachment 1809022
Appropriately, I was all prepped out in a madras shirt, linen pants, woven D-ring belt and loafers.
View attachment 1809023
So did a little thrifting instead and picked up a nice Patagonia rain jacket at Reddz.
View attachment 1809024
And couldn't let a nice day in Gtown go to waste.
View attachment 1809025
Mashburn keeps genteel Southern hours and is closed on Sundays. I found out the hard way as well. Never heard of Reddz?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl - how do you feel bud?
Pretty good, thanks for asking! Just a residual cough and energy is back. Will test myself tomorrow morning before going in for official return-to-work test. Will have to wear a mask all week as well.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty good, thanks for asking! Just a residual cough and energy is back. Will test myself tomorrow morning before going in for official return-to-work test. Will have to wear a mask all week as well.

Glad you’re on the mend ol man

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good luck. I tested positive for over a month after I had it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I tested positive for over a month after I had it.
I tested myself after reading this and am NEG thankfully. Will try it again in the morning.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a white spread color shirt?
dont want to spend too much as I seem to toss shirts esp white when they discolor, etc so not willing to spend $100 on Brooks Brothers shirt

Maybe something like that from SM? Though haven't seen their stuff in person... hard to commit - with current canada day sale is about 50

dc_slicker

Reaction score
also... this

or this

basically one with black studs or where buttons are covered.. i have cufflinks that i would wear that are silver, so not sure if they would clash with black buttons... plus i have some very special to me grandfathers cufflinks and they are silver with crystals - hence considering getting tux shirt with covered buttons to have more cufflinks options

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also... this

or this

basically one with black studs or where buttons are covered.. i have cufflinks that i would wear that are silver, so not sure if they would clash with black buttons... plus i have some very special to me grandfathers cufflinks and they are silver with crystals - hence considering getting tux shirt with covered buttons to have more cufflinks options

A fly placket and a pique fabric is more current than a pleated bib front. But, both are timeless and considered correct.

Neither pic has the model with a covered waist, though. I realize both are featuring the shirt, but he should have a cummerbund.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also... this

or this

You can wear black studs and almost any cufflink. Unless they are bright pink or something garish it will be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads