• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't afford Brioni so I'm out :p
I don’t like their suit cuts for the most part. Too Roman for me. Also, Trump wears it, poorly of course, but still…

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A successful (albeit temporary) escape.

PXL_20220518_175759288.jpg

Time to rave.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a long bike ride today but stayed urban so I had places to stop and cool off (The Dubliner as "cool off" clearly means beer). Passed by City Center and Paul Stuart had a window full of sweaters when it’s 92 out. Brioni took over the former Canali location. @clee1982

DA205DDF-7067-4DD3-AE30-A72C606C6AE9.jpeg 652797E8-2221-4634-9C01-AD94BB138514.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met some friends at the Georgetown waterfront tonight on what turned about to be GU's graduation weekend. Haven't been here in a while but man it's a scene.
View attachment 1794614
Went over to the G-town water front last night with the lady and had dinner at Fiola Mare. Afterwards, we hopped over to the Kennedy Center for the The Roots concert. Dinner was great but the performance was a MAJOR let down. They didn't do any of the fan friendly songs they're known for and played way too loud :(.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those guys are still alive? They sounded awful a decade ago.
Rye Manhattan at District Chophouse before dinner. They can certainly be spotty. This is my 5th time I think. Best was 2000 at the old Wembley in London last night of world tour. Crowd all stood on the chairs the entire show. It was epic. Joe Strummer f**king opened!!!!

I’m sure tonight will be neat but they are getting older. Cheers!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rye Manhattan at District Chophouse before dinner. They can certainly be spotty. This is my 5th time I think. Best was 2000 at the old Wembley in London last night of world tour. Crowd all stood on the chairs the entire show. It was epic. Joe Strummer f**king opened!!!!

Serious question, do they play “My Generation” in concert, and if so, do they change the lyric, “I hope I die before I get old”?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious question, do they play “My Generation” in concert, and if so, do they change the lyric, “I hope I die before I get old”?
You're not the first to think of that. Likely not on tonight’s set list.

EDIT: I think that came up when I saw them in the 80s!

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! Gonna Baba me some O’Reilly tonight! Might be a bit sleepy at work tomorrow!
View attachment 1795291

One of my good friends was a fan of The Who when we were in 4th grade in 1984. I remember thinking then how old those guys were. Granted, we were living in the golden era of pop, so anyone over about 26 was old (Prince, Michael Jackson, and Madonna were all born in 1958 FWIW).

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a Manhattan at District Chophouse a few months back and was like
792129.jpg
Just absolutely terrible, and with a generic maraschino cherry instead of a luxardo. Shame because I like the food and beer there.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a Manhattan at District Chophouse a few months back and was like
View attachment 1795298
Just absolutely terrible, and with a generic maraschino cherry instead of a luxardo. Shame because I like the food and beer there.
I had the same thing. Very disappointed. They used to have Luxardo. Wankers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads