• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just arrived in Seattle for some hiking with friends.
View attachment 1648021

Rye Manhattan done correctly at the Goldfinch down on the Ave a few blocks from Pike Place Market. Also, folks here dress like slobs. ?

View attachment 1648022

Nice. I had a delicious Manhattan (I'm more partial to Old Fashioneds) at The Donohue in Georgetown a couple of weekends back. No picture to share unfortunately.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still wearing masks wherever I go.

And I'm probably getting a Pfizer booster since the JnJ doesn't seem to do well against the delta.
Is it a special booster or are you simply getting the Pfizer shot(s)? And do you need to get permission from a doctor or something? I got the JnJ as well

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it a special booster or are you simply getting the Pfizer shot(s)? And do you need to get permission from a doctor or something? I got the JnJ as well
Simply the Pfizer and yeah probably need a doctors note until cdc approves.

I tried at local cvs in Clarendon last week and they said no.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is the Pfizer booster set for FDA approval?
Still being researched I think. I wish they would grant final approval for the initial shots time now. Hard to imagine recommending a booster when the vaccine itself is still only emergency approved.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of you vaccinated folks are excited to start wearing masks again so you can protect the unvaccinated?

The not-girlfriend (insignificant other?) was in Spain for a month and was due to come back this past Saturday. Even though she was vaccinated back in January she tested positive for covid on Thursday and she is now stuck in her hotel room for the foreseeable future. She is definitely not happy

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read that Spain is doing very poorly re. COVID. I guess I shouldn't feel bad when my passport doesn't arrive in time for me to travel there this Fall.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What fresh hell is this?

It’s a real thing. I get the crap bitten out of me every time I go outside now. We have a chair by our front door and I usually cool off there after cycling. I noticed a few weeks ago I had bites all over my ankles after sitting outside. Kind of like Chiggers if you’ve ever experienced those.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read that Spain is doing very poorly re. COVID. I guess I shouldn't feel bad when my passport doesn't arrive in time for me to travel there this Fall.

She's in Granada and the university as well as the hotel have been doing their best to keep her condition on the DL. As a matter of fact even though she tested on Thursday morning and knowing that more than a few others were exposed, the school didn't cancel the party or the graduation ceremony. If that's any indication of how the country is handling things I expect them to get shut back down in a few months.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My mother's trip to Italy is getting scuttled because her passport been stuck for renewal processing the past 4 months.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still being researched I think. I wish they would grant final approval for the initial shots time now. Hard to imagine recommending a booster when the vaccine itself is still only emergency approved.
Apparently SF general hospital is now offering Pfizer and Moderna to JNJ vaccinated folks.

Hope it becomes the norm here soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads