• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Saturday night, gents.

5D392FCE-0861-4A8C-B472-EBB6AE48F09B.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sushi taro experts, I need your advice. Planning for wedding anniversary dinner.

What’s the difference between the kaiseki menu vs omakase?

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Op-Ed on the sorry state of the C&O Canal towpath. Pretty embarrassing as it’s a National Park. @bicycleradical

When I did my century last year, I rode from Georgetown to Whites Ferry to cross the Potomac. The section from Georgetown to Great Falls is one of the most beautiful on the towpath however the path itself is in rough shape. I hope that this section is repaired soon as the section from Riley's Lock to Whites Ferry is really smooth now.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did my century last year, I rode from Georgetown to Whites Ferry to cross the Potomac. The section from Georgetown to Great Falls is one of the most beautiful on the towpath however the path itself is in rough shape. I hope that this section is repaired soon as the section from Riley's Lock to Whites Ferry is really smooth now.
I'm aiming for the WO&D out to Purcelville and back I think. Road bike is a little easier to handle on the paved trails.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Sushi taro experts, I need your advice. Planning for wedding anniversary dinner.

What’s the difference between the kaiseki menu vs omakase?

Kaiseki emphasizes cooked dishes, so you'll get something deep-fried or steamed alongside the sashimi and sushi. It's a good meal, although I prefer the straight-up omakase. Nakazawa also does one heck of a tasting menu.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kaiseki emphasizes cooked dishes, so you'll get something deep-fried or steamed alongside the sashimi and sushi. It's a good meal, although I prefer the straight-up omakase. Nakazawa also does one heck of a tasting menu.
Thanks! We went to Nakazawa a couple years ago for that and it was incredible.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally took the Ring Jacket sport coat to my tailor. They let out the waist a bit and brought the sleeves in. Fits really well and you can feel the breeze blow right through it. Wore it to work today but pulled off my tie on the way home. Worn with Moscot Lemtosh sunglasses, RLPL dress shirt, Rota pants in that great Loro Piana wool/silk/linen Summertime fabric, and C&J Harvard loafers in black calf.

IMG_2947.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally took the Ring Jacket sport coat to my tailor. They let out the waist a bit and brought the sleeves in. Fits really well and you can feel the breeze blow right through it. Wore it to work today but pulled off my tie on the way home. Worn with Moscot Lemtosh sunglasses, RLPL dress shirt, Rota pants in that great Loro Piana wool/silk/linen Summertime fabric, and C&J Harvard loafers in black calf.

View attachment 1646692
Great look. This is the most serious that you’ve appeared here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Singing an updated version of the old Ray Charles song in my head, "Delta, Delta on my mind..." :oops:

Niece took a bunch of pics but none with a smile came out!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1646692
Great look. This is the most serious that you’ve appeared here.
Singing an updated version of the old Ray Charles song in my head, "Delta, Delta on my mind..." :oops:

Niece took a bunch of pics but none with a smile came out!

The pose is ok….

But the fit on that balloon fabric sport coat with those Rota is ??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads