• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You play drums, eh? Maybe we can get a jam session going one day. I'm a guitarist and aspiring vocalist. We can be old school and play in our suits.
Here's me playing DC9 in a waistcoat and tie a la Charlie Watts a couple of years back. I had on burgundy C&J wingtips down below.
i-ggFXGMD-X2.jpg
I too am an "aspiring vocalist" in that I can't sing at all but really wish I could. What kind of music do you like playing?

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's me playing DC9 in a waistcoat and tie a la Charlie Watts a couple of years back. I had on burgundy C&J wingtips down below.
View attachment 1642644
I too am an "aspiring vocalist" in that I can't sing at all but really wish I could. What kind of music do you like playing?

I can sing a little and like playing country, folk, classic rock, alt-rock, metal, punk rock. My focus recently after a long hiatus from the guitar has been along the lines of country, folk, and classic rock.

Here is a video I recorded in the Before Times:

We recorded Folsom Prison Blues and I had to wear the black suit for the occasion.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negroni in the Yeti?
Dogfish Head’s Slightly Mighty IPA. Doing lots of cycling and toning up!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dogfish Head’s Slightly Mighty IPA. Doing lots of cycling and toning up!

All right. You can keep your iGent card. For now. ?.

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I remember someone asking here if there are any tailors in DC who can sew a Milanese buttonhole. Will Field (Field English Custom Tailors) in Georgetown can do Millanese buttonholes. Just dropped off a S&M Neapolitan cut blazer with him today to have him add a a Milanese buttonhole on the lapel. Will is the only true bespoke tailor left in our area and is hands down the best tailor in the city IMO.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I remember someone asking here if there are any tailors in DC who can sew a Milanese buttonhole. Will Field (Field English Custom Tailors) in Georgetown can do Millanese buttonholes. Just dropped off a S&M Neapolitan cut blazer with him today to have him add a a Milanese buttonhole on the lapel. Will is the only true bespoke tailor left in our area and is hands down the best tailor in the city IMO.

fyi you can add those for free when you check out for their (SM) mto program

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
fyi you can add those for free when you check out for their (SM) mto program

I just so happen to have a MTO S&M suit currently in production with full canvass + the Milanese buttonhole. The Milanese buttonhole is included if you select the full canvass option. If you get half-canvass, you can add the Milanese buttonhole for like $50. This jacket I dropped off with Will was an OTR one.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Will still in mourning about Euro 2021? England was so close to its first international football championship in over 50 years, yet so far away . . .

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this bc I wanted to get a milanese buttonhole added to my new db suit. Mind if I ask how much he charges for this little affectation?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you get it back from William yet? He’s a great tailor, but, from my experience, he’s great at saying okay but then doing what he thinks is best.

Understand Milanese buttonholes are different from handmade buttonholes you’d expect to see on a bespoke suit from London. Both are handmade but they’re different styles.

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
Not sure about price, but I’ll share pics and the price when I get it back. Yes, he did regular handsewn buttonholes on the bespoke suit he did for me so I’ familiar with regular handsewn versus Milanese/gimp buttonholes. You have to specify buttonholes sewn with gimp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics