• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_6282.jpg

The sunflowers are blooming at McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area. It's definitely worth the visit however make sure to wear trousers and to tuck your pants into your socks so that ticks can't find a warm spot to feed.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Trump.
wasnt there someone who jumped the fence a few years ago & made it inside the white house before secret service tackled them?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wasnt there someone who jumped the fence a few years ago & made it inside the white house before secret service tackled them?
Yes. Back when Obama was in office a mentally ill guy got all the way to the door. Secret Service caught a lot of flack for that. A little kid got through the fence and was wandering around, some knucklehead crashed a small drone on the grounds and the Secret Service also got into serious trouble in Colombia partying with hookers.

Someone did a hysterical diorama with those incidents for the Washington Post's annual Peep diorama competition. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/peeps-diorama-contest/2015/

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Back when Obama was in office a mentally ill guy got all the way to the door. Secret Service caught a lot of flack for that. A little kid got through the fence and was wandering around, some knucklehead crashed a small drone on the grounds and the Secret Service also got into serious trouble in Colombia partying with hookers.

Someone did a hysterical diorama with those incidents for the Washington Post's annual Peep diorama competition. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/peeps-diorama-contest/2015/
I remember that - couldn't remember if it was during Trump or toward the end of Obama. But thereafter, I remember they extended the distance visitors needed to be from the fence (forcing people to jump 2 fences). It probably needed to be higher.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember that - couldn't remember if it was during Trump or toward the end of Obama. But thereafter, I remember they extended the distance visitors needed to be from the fence (forcing people to jump 2 fences). It probably needed to be higher.
Fencing has smaller gaps between the bars and probably lots of unseen security updates.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! Just scored tix to see Japanese Breakfast tonight in Silver Spring!!!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, Really liking what I hear from them, enjoy the show. Report back please

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, Really liking what I hear from them, enjoy the show. Report back please
Smashing show. Crowd was young and very into it. First concert for all in ages. Opening act was punkish band called Mannequin Pu**y (A for effort on that name, which I had to edit because Styleforum!).
D64B421E-30F1-468F-9925-EEFA15A97CE7.jpeg
3B98E4C2-D74C-491B-B39F-111F2411AFD8.jpeg
D2D2380E-D6DC-48CD-810A-329F3EFA65E2.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Setlist from last night's show. Zauner has a great band and is a phenomenal singer-songwriter.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear that Velvet Lounge is closing. Have played many shows there and was always one of my favorite venues. Except it was always a huge pain lugging drums up their crazy narrow stairs.

You play drums, eh? Maybe we can get a jam session going one day. I'm a guitarist and aspiring vocalist. We can be old school and play in our suits.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't forget the scammer Virginia vineyard couple who faked their way into a White House event, then the wife played the dumb blonde and left the husband to face the wolves. She then went missing and her husband publicly and tearfully cried for her safe return. Turned out she had not been abducted but had run off with Neal Schon and was on tour with Journey. People were saying that she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest documented groupie in the history of the world, but I digress. In any event she worked some type of mystical :marchal: power on Shon because he left his former Playboy Bunny wife of 2 months for her and ultimately married her. Is there a diorama for that because if there is I would pay to see it

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You play drums, eh? Maybe we can get a jam session going one day. I'm a guitarist and aspiring vocalist. We can be old school and play in our suits.
Like The Tubes!

1626962985821.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the scammer Virginia vineyard couple who faked their way into a White House event, then the wife played the dumb blonde and left the husband to face the wolves. She then went missing and her husband publicly and tearfully cried for her safe return. Turned out she had not been abducted but had run off with Neal Schon and was on tour with Journey. People were saying that she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest documented groupie in the history of the world. In any event she worked some type of mystical :marchal: power on Shon because he left his former Playboy Bunny wife of 2 months for her and ultimately married her. Is there a diorama for that because if there is I would pay to see it
They are in the Peeps diorama as well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads