• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice bike! How does it feel so far?

Road bikes are so much fun. They're so quick, light, and maneuverable.
Exactly! It feels like it wants to move on its own. Very light and speedy. Will get it out tomorrow for a longer ride before it gets too hot.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Where does one even get a bike these days? Every place around has been sold out for months.

On another note - just got back from my first trial. People weren't lying on how sleep deprived and intense it was. Unfortunately not a win, but I am just happy to be getting some sleep right now.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where does one even get a bike these days? Every place around has been sold out for months.

On another note - just got back from my first trial. People weren't lying on how sleep deprived and intense it was. Unfortunately not a win, but I am just happy to be getting some sleep right now.
I ordered my Trek back in the winter. Got upsold as the model I really wanted had a one year wait list. All the shops are the same as folks around the world bought bikes as an escape from pandemic lock downs. Even parts are scarce as people dusted off their old bikes and got them running.

Looks like the supply chain is finally catching up, though.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a couple online shops have bikes in stock. NYC shops are also seem to have more stock. I have a couple on "speed dial" because I was/am helping a friend find a bike

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What online shops? Happy to pm if you don’t want to post.
Trek bikes are starting to appear in indie bike shops that stock Treks. Go to Trek website and pick model and size and it will show local shops where the bike is in stock.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had to drive up to PA to buy a bike for my daughter. 30 mins outside Philly. Just nuts that nobody in the DC area had an XS woman's hybrid bike within our price range. There were a couple road bikes in the $3000+ range, but for a 13th birthday present that was way over what we were looking to do and she wanted something with a flat bar.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We trial lawyers call this "coming in second."

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent the last 1.5+ hours running an errand, most of it outdoors, and recommend avoiding unless you absolutely have to. It's brutal out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads