• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Duck Tavern brings me back a
lot of bad memories for me. Got dumped by a girl in person instead over a text or a phone call. I asked why the F in person and her response was that it would have been rude to do it any other way. Sorry for sidetracking.
Actually, she did the right thing. Always choose the hard right over the easy wrong.
In person, yes. But maybe not waiting until after an expensive meal. :wow:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue Duck Tavern brings me back a
lot of bad memories for me. Got dumped by a girl in person instead over a text or a phone call. I asked why the F in person and her response was that it would have been rude to do it any other way. Sorry for sidetracking.

Anyways, anyone here wear Boonie hats? I have a big freaking head and cannot wear baseball caps.

I wear boonie hats for hiking and fishing. I just wear the military issue versions as well. I don’t wear them for fashion.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I wear a boonie hat when kayaking, boating, or at the beach. I have a Tilly Endurable that has lasted forever. I have a few others like an old desert camo one I wore in Iraq. Only piece of military gear I ever wear.

Actually, she did the right thing. Always choose the hard right over the easy wrong.
Tilly Endurable? I'll check them out.

No, the funny thing is that I asked the girl out a few times and her response was to call me out in person and reject me. It was not like we were in a long term relationship. I found the experience quite odd.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tilly Endurable? I'll check them out.

No, the funny thing is that I asked the girl out a few times and her response was to call me out in person and reject me. It was not like we were in a long term relationship. I found the experience quite odd.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which model would you recommend? Love what people are saying about their CS and the fact that they make them in Canada.
They have a bunch. I bought mine almost 20 years ago I think. This looks like it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have either the hiker's hat or this one below?
I think I have the standard T3 hat in khaki. Has a foam pad in the top so it floats. Me all rumpled at the Jersey Shore a few weeks ago.

1623862158838.png

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for folks: Should I ask to have the top (unused) buttons moved a little out, closer to the dart? Would that create unsightly holes where they're currently stitched?
I've moved buttons before without any issues. Wool, unlike cotton, shouldn't show any holes. Hard to tell about button spacing from the pic. Maybe try it on in front of a mirror?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've moved buttons before without any issues. Wool, unlike cotton, shouldn't show any holes. Hard to tell about button spacing from the pic. Maybe try it on in front of a mirror?
Having a few alterations done (taking in jacket back seam, letting out thigh), will take a look when they're ready in a couple of weeks. From 6x2 photos photos I've seen, it looks like the top buttons are typically at around nipple position? I've never had a DB before so I'm super out of my element.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a few alterations done (taking in jacket back seam, letting out thigh), will take a look when they're ready in a couple of weeks. From 6x2 photos photos I've seen, it looks like the top buttons are typically at around nipple position? I've never had a DB before so I'm super out of my element.
DB's look much better to me when there is a clear offset to the top buttons. I'd look at some classic photos and see what you like best then move the top buttons.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for folks: Should I ask to have the top (unused) buttons moved a little out, closer to the dart? Would that create unsightly holes where they're currently stitched?

Yes, what Smitty said, if its mostly wool, there should be no issue with holes (beware of similar alterations to cotton or linen)
Won't be able to tell if buttons should be repositioned until a fit pic, but yes, there should be an "offset" of the upper buttons as compared to the lower buttons. Looking forward to fit pics. Below is a good example of eye-pleasing DB button placement

1623943233636.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads